Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Double check “background” check

Quote Originally Posted by 1st8th83 View Post
    You can bet you are already on some government Dossier, just belonging to this forum.
    Oh yes, and someone/something (AI) watches/reads every post/reply, including this one.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1st8th83 View Post
    You can bet you are already on some government Dossier, just belonging to this forum.
    I don't completely disagree with you but most of us use pseudonyms here and my sources tell me that the only way they could get that information would with a warrant to the admin here. I do expect that they pay attention to what we post and put it together the best they can.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I don't completely disagree with you but most of us use pseudonyms here and my sources tell me that the only way they could get that information would with a warrant to the admin here. I do expect that they pay attention to what we post and put it together the best they can.
    hmmm, I was gonna post about an upcoming move asking for local intel...hmmmm.............
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Chester County)

All they need is an IP address and boom, there you are
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

On the upside it COULD be used to identify Liberals so you could deny them sales. LOL
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hobbit View Post
    Listened to an interview with a guy talking about his new software. It is basically an additional background check that skims socials and other public info for trigger statements. At which point a gun seller could decline the sell or talk to the buyer for clarification. Sounds like industry companies are backing the company.

https://www.doublecheckprotect.com/

Interview: FYI the last 20-30 minutes summarizes the program pretty well.
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/5XZ...RmOlY1L8hd2Opg

Thoughts on this?
    My initial thought is that it sounds like a solid tool for sellers. It sounds like the people behind it are trying to avoid its misuse.
    Dealers are being sued, sometimes successfully, for transferring guns to people who passed PICS.

Having an extra step for suspicious purchasers would look pretty good in court, at least for the FFL if not the clerk who chose not to use it.

Not sure if there's a safe harbor for FFL's anymore. Refusing to sell to black dudes who seem kinda "ghetto", refusing to sell to women who look like some gangbanger's bitch, both of those could get you hit with a discrimination suit, no matter what ATF claims you can do. If you don't want to sell to someone in a protected class, but they pass PICS, then you could benefit from another option upon which to base your decision. "Yes, he passed PICS, but I printed out some pics from his social media where he talks about 'busting caps on some pigs in dey cop car', so I chose to decline that sale."

Drug dealers girlfriends are usually easier, because they don't know squat about guns, mostly. Write that down, when they ask for a "45 mm pistol".

I doubt that many straw purchasers are going to file a discrimination complaint, but I'm pretty sure that the amoral gun-banner groups funded by billionaires will get around to using that tactic, making some black woman look suspicious as Hell so that she gets declined by the FFL, then they'll use lawfare under the Civil Rights statutes to try to ruin a few FFL's. They'll squeeze you on denials and transfers until the only safe play is to sell Tupperware and vapes.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12