Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Monroe County survey may lead to new gun laws (or another attempt to pass some)

Today’s Pocono Record reports that Monroe County has paid for a survey on firearm safety. The results will be used to “determine the next steps of implementation.” The company doing the survey and analysis is heavily into developing tools for law enforcement, juvenile Justice and behavioral science. (Carey Group Consulting and Publishing). They will solicit input from “sentencing commissions, emergency rooms and the State Police Firearms Report.” Residents of Monroe County can participate by taking a survey at “surveymonkey.com/r/5pjwk5l. (That last character is l like in Louie). I would love to see the report if a load of responses are received from Monroe County residents. I don’t know what your zip code is but mine is 18322.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Monroe County survey may lead to new gun laws (or another attempt to pass some)

Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    Today*s Pocono Record reports that Monroe County has paid for a survey on firearm safety. The results will be used to *determine the next steps of implementation.* The company doing the survey and analysis is heavily into developing tools for law enforcement, juvenile Justice and behavioral science. (Carey Group Consulting and Publishing). They will solicit input from *sentencing commissions, emergency rooms and the State Police Firearms Report.* Residents of Monroe County can participate by taking a survey at *surveymonkey.com/r/5pjwk5l. (That last character is l like in Louie). I would love to see the report if a load of responses are received from Monroe County residents. I don*t know what your zip code is but mine is 18322.
    I don't know what kind of firearms laws that Monroe could enact that wouldn't be in violation of PA Title 18, Section 6120 (a)(1).
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Default Re: Monroe County survey may lead to new gun laws (or another attempt to pass some)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I don't know what kind of firearms laws that Monroe could enact that wouldn't be in violation of PA Title 18, Section 6120 (a)(1).
    Or the state legislature, that wouldn't violate the PA Constitution.

§ 21. Right to bear arms.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

"But we HAVE to try SOMETHING!"
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Preemption aside, since when can Counties create laws in PA? (I could be totally ignorant, here, but I thought they had zero power to make laws in PA)

(Berks County)

there is nothing in that survey from stopping non residents from completing it. like most surveys you can see the answers they are trying to get from the questions

In my reply, I suggested programs to teach citizens to avoid dangers, harden their homes, choose defensive weapons, invest in good rapid access storage devices if they choose guns. I tried to influence the final report away from discouraging and demonizing guns towards toughening the citizens. The final result can be useless anti gun education or useful pro possible victim resources. They ask for your zip code so I think non resident answers will be excluded. My zip is 18322.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    In my reply, I suggested programs to teach citizens to avoid dangers, harden their homes, choose defensive weapons, invest in good rapid access storage devices if they choose guns. I tried to influence the final report away from discouraging and demonizing guns towards toughening the citizens. The final result can be useless anti gun education or useful pro possible victim resources. They ask for your zip code so I think non resident answers will be excluded. My zip is 18322.
    all you have to do is google a zip code for monroe county

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    "But we HAVE to try SOMETHING!"
    Think of the children!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Monroe County)

That was sum bullshit. There is absolutely no agenda in those questions, they will solve all the issues around gun with that survey that will respect everyone's rights.

yeah and maybe i'm a chinese jet pilot
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast