Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Monroe County survey may lead to new gun laws (or another attempt to pass some)

You nailed it Roscoe. Let*s put our thumbs on the scale and see how they explain away the responses they were not expecting. I think you are or were a neighbor in my 18322 zip. I am hoping many other neighbors jump in and play the game just for the fun of it

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Monroe County survey may lead to new gun laws (or another attempt to pass some)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Preemption aside, since when can Counties create laws in PA? (I could be totally ignorant, here, but I thought they had zero power to make laws in PA)
    Counties can do anything that they want. It doesn't mean that what they did is lawful.

The big problem is that the law isn't demonstrated to be unlawful until someone challenges the law and wins. Otherwise, the county continues to enforce unlawful laws until someone with standing challenges it.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Berks County)

Maybe survey results will show that people want criminals that shoot other people to go to prison.

(Bucks County)

My zip code just happens ro be 18322 as well. But these questions are stupid. How likely would I shoot someone who's non-violent? That question is asking for trouble.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Counties can do anything that they want. It doesn't mean that what they did is lawful.

The big problem is that the law isn't demonstrated to be unlawful until someone challenges the law and wins. Otherwise, the county continues to enforce unlawful laws until someone with standing challenges it.
    What I'm saying is that I don't believe there is any mechanism in place for them to create laws.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I don't know what kind of firearms laws that Monroe could enact that wouldn't be in violation of PA Title 18, Section 6120 (a)(1).
    I believe they don't care anymore---they use the excuse of "feelings" over law. I don't care what any BS study states, it's a right that government can not infringe---period! Any laws they make are illegal---why should we comply to illegal laws made by tyrants?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Maybe my title for the thread was misleading. I think the $50,000 grant for the study is seed money meant to lead to a juicy contract for this company to develop and market training materials, policies, procedures and more for law enforcement, corrections and behavior modification professionals dealing with criminals. And who better to develop and sell these materials than the company that did the study. I wonder where the seed money came from if not from the *farmer* looking for a rich harvest. I would like to see this military industrial, law enforcement, academic complex faced with an outcry from the public to do something for us. We are the first responders since it is the citizen victim who is right there at the crime scene. Crimes avoided or stopped in their tracks are a better result than criminals arrested, incarcerated and counseled at great cost to us. Take the survey and load the dice.

(Monroe County)

Done. Lots of dumb in that survey.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12