Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Denver's Tactic to Reduce Gun Violence: Solving More Nonfatal Shootings

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I can't believe this would go anywhere. Talk about restraint of trade.
    Additionally there are always Democrats who registered as such because
    of the way elections are set up. When I lived in Maryland *everyone*
    was a registered Democrat or you couldn't vote in the primary. Also, all
    candidates were democrat.
    That said there are a large number of conservatives and gun owners in these
    areas. The term "reasonable restrictions", and "common sense gun control"
    doesn't seem to bother a lot of people. But take away all access completely?
    I just don't see it going anywhere. Just another jagoff desperately trying to say
    they "tried to do something" in hopes of running it up their flag pole next election.

And it's sad that we have to waste time paying attention in the off-chance that
    something outrageous gains traction. But here we are.
    Hasn't the ATF been going after and closing the little dealers? We also have people going after the manufacturers with lawsuits that judges are allowing to proceed. The gun industry has a big target on their back especially in Dem shitholes.

(Bradford County)

Default Re: Denver's Tactic to Reduce Gun Violence: Solving More Nonfatal Shootings

I say let them do it. Let them turn every blue state into a couple of shithole, crime-infested cities surrounded by miles and miles of largely abandoned rural wastelands. When they do that, they cut their own throats because as suburban and rural residents flee (as in CA or NY), they are losing their gravy train tax base to fund all their stupid shit.

The only issue that arises out of this is the morons leaving these states and taking their dumbass voting habits with them. Hopefully, however, a decent proportion of them have their eyes opened, enough to counteract the blue 'deplorables' who are irredeemable.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    Hasn't the ATF been going after and closing the little dealers? We also have people going after the manufacturers with lawsuits that judges are allowing to proceed. The gun industry has a big target on their back especially in Dem shitholes.
    I've seen that and regret to say I have not researched it. Is it still ongoing?
    Apparently some dealers, or FFLs, or stores, have been targeted, but for what
    stated reason? Because not all were targeted/closed.
    This NY legislator seeks to make an outright ban, and statewide, and for no
    reason under current law.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I've seen that and regret to say I have not researched it. Is it still ongoing?
    Apparently some dealers, or FFLs, or stores, have been targeted, but for what
    stated reason? Because not all were targeted/closed.
    This NY legislator seeks to make an outright ban, and statewide, and for no
    reason under current law.
    I haven't heard anything recently, but I imagine they are still going after small FFLs for any paperwork error that they can find. This jackass seems to think that if they close all the dealers in NY that NY residents can just drive to PA to buy a firearm.

Passing one law in New York may seem inconsequential. New Yorkers prevented from buying guns could simply drive to Pennsylvania and purchase them there. Fair enough * but if one state leads, others will follow. This has been true for various issues over the years. Think same-sex marriage, marijuana, paid family leave, and of course gun laws themselves. If other like-minded states enact similar laws, we could close gun stores in much of the northeast and the west coast.

This plan is on firm legal footing.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...97d744b1f&ei=4

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I can't get the Philadelphia crime map to work on the Philadelphia Police site.
    https://www.phillypolice.com/crime-m...ats/index.html

There*s a relatively fixed number of people who are willing to commit crimes and mayhem with firearms. If you hunt them down, prosecute them, and remove them from the streets, gun violence decreases. Who*da thunk it?!
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123