Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Denver's Tactic to Reduce Gun Violence: Solving More Nonfatal Shootings

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    True. But to prosecute someone, the shooting (or other crime) has to be successfully investigated and a suspect charged. Denver may be on to something. By dealing with non fatal shootings, just as aggressively as fatal shootings, it may prevent the non fatal incident from eventually become a fatal one.

Philly has done something similar. About a year ago they organized a centralized Shooting Investigation Group, comprised of detectives formally assigned to divisional detective, who investigated all types of crimes in addition to shootings.

I am not sure of the number of non fatal shootings, but the homicide number is down bout 80% from last year.
    S.I.G......who thought of that should get a donut...

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Denver's Tactic to Reduce Gun Violence: Solving More Nonfatal Shootings

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Research shows that it's down to 80% of last year or down 20%. It is disappointing.
    We are at 358 year to date and compared to 2022 year to date 447 we are down 89 homicides 20% of that number. We are still up as compared to the years we only had a total of about 235 for the total year.

My bad. I was mixing up the difference in homicides. And the percentage. Down 89 for a total of 20%.
    Last edited by Carson; November 3rd, 2023 at 08:52 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Does that mean the body count won't reach 600 and I won't win a box of ammo?
    Correct. The daily average for the remainder of the year would have to be almost 4 people killed a day for the remainder of the year. And that isn*t happening.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    S.I.G......who thought of that should get a donut...
    Classic isn*t it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Research shows that it's down to 80% of last year or down 20%. It is disappointing.
    You are correct I was mixing up percentages and total number. I*ll take a demerit.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    We are at 358 year to date and compared to 2022 year to date 447 we are down 89 homicides 20% of that number. We are still up as compared to the years we only had a total of about 235 for the total year.

My bad. I was mixing up the difference in homicides. And the percentage. Down 89 for a total of 20%.
    I can't get the Philadelphia crime map to work on the Philadelphia Police site.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Montgomery County)

Unless I'm missing something, this is a great idea. Investigate and find the scum committing crimes and leave normal folks and their guns out of the equation.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, this is a great idea. Investigate and find the scum committing crimes and leave normal folks and their guns out of the equation.
    No, you got it right and amazingly, the article claims that it actually works. It's probably not allowed on youtube.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Schuylkill County)

Here is quote from a NY candidate. This seems to be the plan.

We can pass laws to close gun stores in the 17 states where Democrats have unified control. As a candidate for the state Assembly in New York * one of those 17 states * I am proposing a law telling every corporate entity in the state to make a choice: either stop selling guns or stop doing business in our state.

Those entities that refuse to comply would be subject to dissolution or an injunction preventing further business activity in New York. This would essentially close stores that sell guns in our state, since virtually all such stores are corporate entities. That would not eliminate gun violence, but it would help to stem the tide by making it harder to get a gun.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    Here is quote from a NY candidate. This seems to be the plan.
    I can't believe this would go anywhere. Talk about restraint of trade.
    Additionally there are always Democrats who registered as such because
    of the way elections are set up. When I lived in Maryland *everyone*
    was a registered Democrat or you couldn't vote in the primary. Also, all
    candidates were democrat.
    That said there are a large number of conservatives and gun owners in these
    areas. The term "reasonable restrictions", and "common sense gun control"
    doesn't seem to bother a lot of people. But take away all access completely?
    I just don't see it going anywhere. Just another jagoff desperately trying to say
    they "tried to do something" in hopes of running it up their flag pole next election.

And it's sad that we have to waste time paying attention in the off-chance that
    something outrageous gains traction. But here we are.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast