Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: PA game officer searching guns on range

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    i stopped going to french creek but ive never seen the game commission do more then check people shooting non "traditional hunting" weapons to make sure they are allowed to use the range. hell i have used my 50 bmg there once and officer didnt say a word.
    Fiddy BMG at the SGL? Now that's interesting.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

i stopped going to french creek but ive never seen the game commission do more then check people shooting non "traditional hunting" weapons to make sure they are allowed to use the range. hell i have used my 50 bmg there once and officer didnt say a word.
    They are legal only using ball rounds. I had my belt fed at one once, with API's. That was illegal. But I didn't know at the time.
    FJB

(Wayne County)

No rule there states "only bolt action deer rifles allowed", so I dont understand why AR style rifle shooters have to be singled out and harassed.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    No rule there states "only bolt action deer rifles allowed", so I dont understand why AR style rifle shooters have to be singled out and harassed.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

What can we do at that point? He had an AR slung in front of him, and was yelling in an intimidating manner.

"Hey sir you cannot touch my gun".

That wouldve just pissed him off more, and he'd probably write a ticket accusing full auto use at a game land range. You got to take a day off just to go tell a judge what happened.
    I don’t know as I wasn’t there. I’m sure I would have pushed the issue at least a little, like perhaps asking for a supervisor and whipping out my phone to document the incident.

If he had an AR hanging, that would have definitely added fuel to the fire. He’s totally full of shit btw. The sound of full auto fire is instantly recognizable outside of bump-firing devices. Any cop worth his weight in shit would have stood off and observed before rushing in and being a tough guy.

You got buffaloed by officer Duche Bag.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

OP, hire gunlawyer and sue the bastards.
    FJB

(Wayne County)

Last week I was shooting at a state game land range in Chester county, located in French Creek state park. There was about 8 of us shooting, 3 of us were using AR style guns.

Out of nowhere a state game land officer, his name is Wilson, shouts for us to step away from the bench and leave all guns on the shooting bench.

He tells us he heard, didnt see, but heard full auto/rapid gun shots. We hand over our ID and hunting license, then he separates our AR upper and lower receiver to check the fire control group/trigger. Noone had a full auto trigger and no tickets were given, however, he did take our ID/hunting license back to his car for whatever reason I dont know, then gave it back with a warning. He was yelling and very unprofessional.

My question is, are PA game commission officers allowed to separate/disassemble our guns, including separating the lower and upper AR15 receiver? Wouldnt this require a warrant if we dont consent to a search? Or is this perfectly legal since the gun is in plain sight?
    I'm going to play Devil's advocate here. Be honest.

Seeing as the use of automatic weapons is prohibited at SGL ranges, as well as having a firearm loaded with more than 6 rounds, were eiher you or your friends bump firing, which would give the impression of automatic fire? Did any of you have >6 rounds loaded in your mags?
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post

Seeing as the use of automatic weapons is prohibited at SGL ranges, as well as having a firearm loaded with more than 6 rounds, were eiher you or your friends bump firing, which would give the impression of automatic fire? Did any of you have >6 rounds loaded in your mags?
    Nobody can bumpfire like me and make it sound full auto. Nowhay.
    FJB

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post

The 3 of us with AR style rifles had 6 in a mag, we did do mag changes, and we did shoot relatively fast in a semi auto way of course, noone was bump firing. Also, there were others there with semi autos as well.

(Bucks County)

Last week I was shooting at a state game land range in Chester county, located in French Creek state park. There was about 8 of us shooting, 3 of us were using AR style guns.

Out of nowhere a state game land officer, his name is Wilson, shouts for us to step away from the bench and leave all guns on the shooting bench.

He tells us he heard, didnt see, but heard full auto/rapid gun shots. We hand over our ID and hunting license, then he separates our AR upper and lower receiver to check the fire control group/trigger. Noone had a full auto trigger and no tickets were given, however, he did take our ID/hunting license back to his car for whatever reason I dont know, then gave it back with a warning. He was yelling and very unprofessional.

My question is, are PA game commission officers allowed to separate/disassemble our guns, including separating the lower and upper AR15 receiver? Wouldnt this require a warrant if we dont consent to a search? Or is this perfectly legal since the gun is in plain sight?
    PA bunny cops can do whatever they want. They are not bound by the PA or US Constitutions, any laws, or international treaties. They can go wherever they want to at any time, and they don't need warrants.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    They are legal only using ball rounds. I had my belt fed at one once, with API's. That was illegal. But I didn't know at the time.
    If you only had three rounds in the belt, you'd be ok.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast