Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: What Can You Do If a Mob Surrounds Your Car?

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    I never thought about having a "reverse driving' skill. Great point!
    Yes, it is an essential component in any military or gov driver training and you need to be as good driving in reverse as driving forwards.

SOP is reversing out once the road is seen to be blocked ahead or danger ahead you don't want to drive through. Use the shoulder or along the median or cross over the road to go with flow of traffic. Reverse out until contact is broken and you have cover and concealment from the danger, execute a Y turn(not a J turn) to return to regular direction driving, take an alternate route.

I think it should be emphasized that wherever you drive, do the best you can to know where to go and what your alternate routes are.

(Tioga County)

Default Re: What Can You Do If a Mob Surrounds Your Car?

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    Just a quick look through that video re: the lady getting her window kicked out - keep in mind I'm not a lawyer. I see a problem with the fact that she (the driver) got out of the car, especially AFTER the motorcyclist had kicked out the window but then jumped off the car and was backing away from the car. Regardless of kids present etc, I think the driver getting out of the car and then aggressively confronting the guy on the bike escalated the situation but not in her favor; if she had a gun and shot him, it may fly with many DAs around the country but given what we see in large cities in recent years - and especially Philly - I think she would have been prosecuted.

If she was armed and had shot him either while he was jumping on the back window, or when he crashed through it and was still on the trunk of the car, I think she's have an ironclad case for a self defense shooting.

I see this as a situation where ego and testosterone (if a male) will end up getting you charged. I don;t think it's right, but given the current state of our legal system I think it's best to make herculean efforts to stay cool.
    In the end, there is nothing to be gained getting into it with people and especially even further getting into it legally with people. We have to question how important our ego is in the end versus the hassle. If someone smashes my window and I can get away clean, sweet. It will be hassle and an expense to replace the window but better getting into it with them. I will do my upmost to avoid contact with people and their BS.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234