Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What Can You Do If a Mob Surrounds Your Car?

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    Here in PA, doesn’t Castle doctrine apply once they begin attempting to, or get inside your vehicle?
    It’s my understanding that it does, provided that the vehicle is occupied.

Anything you say on this site can be used against you ! Big Brother is watching !

(Tioga County)

Best way to survive an attack is not to be there to begin with. Most people will drive right up to danger. The only mindset they have is to go forward and if they can't go forward they sit and take it.

First thing is alter your mindset to constantly be thinking about where your out is anytime you drive. Can I go forwards, can I go right, can I go left, where can I go in reverse? That loop runs in my brain every time I drive.

As soon as danger is identified, one needs to take immediate action. Immediate action in a vehicle is drive thru, reverse out or push out. Drive thru, drive thru is hammer down on the gas, go straight or make a turn but get off the X and out of the attack zone. Reverse out, reverse out is driving in reverse to escape danger. Push out, push out is if working with another vehicle and that vehicle goes down, we can push them off the X.

One of the best skills one can learn is driving in reverse. Being able to drive in reverse can be a life saver.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I'm thinking about doing something subtle to the front end of my SUV, to convey the idea that maybe I won't be stopping just because the criminals throw themselves into my path:

Attachment 170439
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/59WEP1NnE-w
    FJB

maximum overdrive...nice!

(Bucks County)

An angry mob surrounding your car will never be there for tea and crackers.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Best way to survive an attack is not to be there to begin with. Most people will drive right up to danger. The only mindset they have is to go forward and if they can't go forward they sit and take it.

First thing is alter your mindset to constantly be thinking about where your out is anytime you drive. Can I go forwards, can I go right, can I go left, where can I go in reverse? That loop runs in my brain every time I drive.

As soon as danger is identified, one needs to take immediate action. Immediate action in a vehicle is drive thru, reverse out or push out. Drive thru, drive thru is hammer down on the gas, go straight or make a turn but get off the X and out of the attack zone. Reverse out, reverse out is driving in reverse to escape danger. Push out, push out is if working with another vehicle and that vehicle goes down, we can push them off the X.

One of the best skills one can learn is driving in reverse. Being able to drive in reverse can be a life saver.
    I never thought about having a "reverse driving' skill. Great point!
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    An angry mob surrounding your car will never be there for tea and crackers.
    I had one guy in Miami try to jump on my truck once. As I saw him run across the intersection making a beeline for me, I floored it and almost hit the bastard - I was not going to stop. I always had this plan in my head if it ever happened, and my reaction was instant.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Lancaster County)

Branca addresses similar subject here

(Bradford County)

Just a quick look through that video re: the lady getting her window kicked out - keep in mind I'm not a lawyer. I see a problem with the fact that she (the driver) got out of the car, especially AFTER the motorcyclist had kicked out the window but then jumped off the car and was backing away from the car. Regardless of kids present etc, I think the driver getting out of the car and then aggressively confronting the guy on the bike escalated the situation but not in her favor; if she had a gun and shot him, it may fly with many DAs around the country but given what we see in large cities in recent years - and especially Philly - I think she would have been prosecuted.

If she was armed and had shot him either while he was jumping on the back window, or when he crashed through it and was still on the trunk of the car, I think she's have an ironclad case for a self defense shooting.

I see this as a situation where ego and testosterone (if a male) will end up getting you charged. I don;t think it's right, but given the current state of our legal system I think it's best to make herculean efforts to stay cool.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast