Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Failure of our Government Agencies

    I would like to know when will our Government agencies be held responsible for the mass shootings in this country? The mass shooter in Maine was know about by the military and Maine police, plus Iím sure other agencies knew as well. How many more people have to senselessly die because of their failures?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Reading, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,509
    Rep Power
    21474841

    Default Re: Failure of our Government Agencies

    Government agencies aren't held accountable for their actions.

    India and china are operating phone scams that scam over 50 billion annually from unsuspecting americans, the phone numbers look like they come from next door, or a town or two over, when in reality they come from india. What has the FCC done about it?
    iAnal

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    3,726
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Failure of our Government Agencies

    Be careful of what you ask for. I am not sure the exact failure point has been discovered yet in this incident. But if you want stronger and more restrictive Red Flag Laws and mental health restrictions with no due process and more power to local departments to *do something*, an assault weapon ban and even more magazine restrictions, this is what you are asking for.

    And if someone in any level of the government thinks they are going to be personally held responsible for someone who slips through the cracks, they will be sure there are no cracks to slip though with extremely rigid regulation that affects normal folks more than criminal or those needing mental health help.

    Sometimes you can*t beat crazy. In Philadelphia we could reduce our shootings and homicides by simply enforcing existing laws and giving deterring prison sentences. But no one wants to do that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    11,720
    Rep Power
    21474859

    Default Re: Failure of our Government Agencies

    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Be careful of what you ask for. I am not sure the exact failure point has been discovered yet in this incident. But if you want stronger and more restrictive Red Flag Laws and mental health restrictions with no due process and more power to local departments to *do something*, an assault weapon ban and even more magazine restrictions, this is what you are asking for.

    And if someone in any level of the government thinks they are going to be personally held responsible for someone who slips through the cracks, they will be sure there are no cracks to slip though with extremely rigid regulation that affects normal folks more than criminal or those needing mental health help.

    Sometimes you can*t beat crazy. In Philadelphia we could reduce our shootings and homicides by simply enforcing existing laws and giving deterring prison sentences. But no one wants to do that.
    And re-implementing the death penalty and stepping up its use would help with that pesky overpopulation problem.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Norristown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    4789860

    Default Re: Failure of our Government Agencies

    I've had the argument aout the death penlty a few times always what if he didn't do it is the reply. The problem is mostly people that kill have a long sheet on their crimes. Plus the bottom line is it right to lock someone up, that deserves death since they killed, to be locked up and we pay for it. Last I heard was like amillon bucks between the apeals and lock up.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Reading, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,509
    Rep Power
    21474841

    Default Re: Failure of our Government Agencies

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    And re-implementing the death penalty and stepping up its use would help with that pesky overpopulation problem.
    I'm not sure I'm for the death penalty. Do you really trust the government to get something right? You're putting your life in the government's hands. Open and shut cases, sure where there is clear video evidence. But with the amount of people's cases getting overturned years later, I'm not so sure.
    iAnal

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,293
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Failure of our Government Agencies

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    I've had the argument aout the death penlty a few times always what if he didn't do it is the reply. The problem is mostly people that kill have a long sheet on their crimes. Plus the bottom line is it right to lock someone up, that deserves death since they killed, to be locked up and we pay for it. Last I heard was like amillon bucks between the apeals and lock up.
    Drop 'em on a deserted island with a few tools, and fresh water and food for one week.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    11,720
    Rep Power
    21474859

    Default Re: Failure of our Government Agencies

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    I've had the argument aout the death penlty a few times always what if he didn't do it is the reply. The problem is mostly people that kill have a long sheet on their crimes. Plus the bottom line is it right to lock someone up, that deserves death since they killed, to be locked up and we pay for it. Last I heard was like amillon bucks between the apeals and lock up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I'm not sure I'm for the death penalty. Do you really trust the government to get something right? You're putting your life in the government's hands. Open and shut cases, sure where there is clear video evidence. But with the amount of people's cases getting overturned years later, I'm not so sure.
    Obviously, degree of certainty should come into play. Some should go right from preliminary hearing to death row. And if they drag out a prolonged and expensive appeals process only to lose, then they should die a long, slow, suffering death. It's their option.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    11,720
    Rep Power
    21474859

    Default Re: Failure of our Government Agencies

    Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Drop 'em on a deserted island with a few tools, and fresh water and food for one week.
    I ride to Mars is about all that's left.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    56
    Posts
    2,997
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: Failure of our Government Agencies

    Quote Originally Posted by rkmacs1 View Post
    I would like to know when will our Government agencies be held responsible for the mass shootings in this country? The mass shooter in Maine was know about by the military and Maine police, plus I*m sure other agencies knew as well. How many more people have to senselessly die because of their failures?
    I would like to know when most people will come to understand that the government is under no obligation to protect them at all times?

    How many more people have to senselessly die before those around them begin to take steps to protect themselves?

    There. Your questions answered with my questions, which gives you my answer.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2022, 11:53 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 12th, 2013, 11:36 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 27th, 2009, 10:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •