Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: 😔 Troopers: Hunter found dead near Shamokin

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    With a capital H this thread could have been about Joe's son being Clintonized.
    I'm not that lucky
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    40ft is way too high. I highly doubts he even practices at that height.
    My friends father died from falling out of a tree he was pruning. Another friends mother died from a falling branch.
    Same incident?

(Wayne County)

From what I got, this is the second time he*s fell out of a tree stand. Every stand manufacturer supplies a safety harness of some sort, use the damn thing. Ground blinds are a lot more comfortable by the way. And always tell someone exactly where you are with a small map drawing, easier to find your broke down ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Same incident?
    Different incidences at different times. But in the same town.
    FJB

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    From what I got, this is the second time he*s fell out of a tree stand. Every stand manufacturer supplies a safety harness of some sort, use the damn thing. Ground blinds are a lot more comfortable by the way. And always tell someone exactly where you are with a small map drawing, easier to find your broke down ass.
    i use my phone location sharing with my wife when im out hunting. i have a ladder stand i havent used since my oldest was born. i have switch to sitting on the ground.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    i use my phone location sharing with my wife when im out hunting. i have a ladder stand i havent used since my oldest was born. i have switch to sitting on the ground.

I invested in a satellite communication device. $25 bucks a month and I can text or share my location with or without cell service. Also comes with weather and a sos feature that calls first responders if activated and gives them your GPS location.

A little extra piece of mind, especially for my wife, when I go out hunting, fishing, hiking, etc.

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

A friend of mine fell out of a tree stand and broke his leg pretty badly. He learned his lesson and began using a safety harness.

A few years later he once again fell from his stand and was left dangling for quite a few hours until his son found him. At least he didn’t break another leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Here4now View Post
    A friend of mine fell out of a tree stand and broke his leg pretty badly. He learned his lesson and began using a safety harness.

A few years later he once again fell from his stand and was left dangling for quite a few hours until his son found him. At least he didn*t break another leg.
    I knew two guys that fell out of their stands. One is now a quadriplegic and the other is ok but needed life flight.
    Before climbing stands and whatnot, I used a 2x8 lodged in the crotch of a tree about 20ft up. And that was it,
    no tethers or anything because you had to move around to see all around you.
    That is how we bow hunted. Imagine knocking an arrow and drawing down on a deer in the wind, in the winter.
    Good times.
    FJB

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I knew two guys that fell out of their stands. One is now a quadriplegic and the other is ok but needed life flight.
    Before climbing stands and whatnot, I used a 2x8 lodged in the crotch of a tree about 20ft up. And that was it,
    no tethers or anything because you had to move around to see all around you.
    That is how we bow hunted. Imagine knocking an arrow and drawing down on a deer in the wind, in the winter.
    Good times.
    I've never fallen out of a tree, and I used to climb them like a monkey. It's a lot harder now being older, and carrying a 20 lb papoose.

There's a lot of things I did as a yute, that I wouldn't do now.

I used to ride my XL600 on the street in the snow. Just spinning the back wheel, going through the gears.

That was only if I had it in the basement. That fucker wouldn't kick over if it was under 45 degrees.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    Some people go into the woods for the sole purpose of the fact that they cany be found by their wife.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast