Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: Unis Ginex Primers

Same issue with my Dillon Square Deal B. It hates those primers.

(Tioga County)

Easy way to find out, get your calipers out and measure them.

(Susquehanna County)

Just finished firing 30 rounds of my test sample in my S&W Mod 67. Only one indicated a light strike but it went off on second go-around. Still have the remainder that I want to try in my 627. Then I want to load some up and try them in my 986 . But right now I'm thinking I'll use the as a "substitute C" behind Winchester and CCI "substitute B". Standard A is Federal. I'll use Ginex for practice and save the Feds for matches. If these things work in my revolvers I KNOW they'll work in my semi-autos.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Susquehanna County)

last go-around with the 627. One light strike, fired with second hit. This revolver has an extra-long firing pin installed IIRC. So light strike might have been primer not seated to depth. All firing in all three tests was double action. I think I'lll load some up in 9mm and try them in 986 and maybe the CZ Shadow too, but I'll have to play with the seating depth for that one.

(Susquehanna County)

Got out my good calipers and did some measurements here's what I find:

Winchester standard SP Dia. 0.1756" Ht. 0.1160"

Ginex SP Dia. 0.1755" Ht, 0.1195"

BTW tried using a Lee hand priming tool to seat some Ginex primers. FORGET IT! Gotta have gorilla paws to do it! But playing around with priming only on my RL550, I find it possible to improve seating by bringing the case to be primed down so it just touches the priming cup then wiggling the priming bar left and right a couple times then seating the primer. Apparently this centers the primer as well as possible on the primer pocket and permits seating without hitting the edge of the primer. Still lose some but that's down to 1%. Acceptable for substitute standard c stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12