Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Oaks Gun Show Oct 20-22, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    A note for those attending Sunday*there will probably be quite a few empty tables on Sunday if the show keeps going the way it is.
    I haven't been to Oaks for awhile....what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    I haven't been to Oaks for awhile....what's going on?
    There's a gun show.
    iAnal

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    There's a gun show.
    With a loophole
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Went to the last show...it was rather pleasant and the prices were very reasonable. I was able to get what I came for...and left with some cash still in my pocket. Picked up my regular allotment of ammo cans...can't have enough of them.

Going on Friday...

(Philadelphia County)

Well it seems panic buying of .223/5.56 has commenced, so this weekend might see an uptick in ammo sales for those two calibers. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few people buying their first gun because of the shitstorm going on in Israel right now.

(York County)

So i just recently got a couple boxes of reloading stuff like boxes of primers, cans of powder, brass, projectiles, and dies, etc. I am not a reloader, and i have zero interest in reloading. I don*t usually sell the stuff, but now i have it and i was trying to get prices on it. I started looking around and im seeing stupid crazy numbers on this stuff!! $80 for 1000 primers? $45-$80 for. A pound of powder? Is this true? What the hell happned with reloading stuff?

(Montgomery County)

So i just recently got a couple boxes of reloading stuff like boxes of primers, cans of powder, brass, projectiles, and dies, etc. I am not a reloader, and i have zero interest in reloading. I don*t usually sell the stuff, but now i have it and i was trying to get prices on it. I started looking around and im seeing stupid crazy numbers on this stuff!! $80 for 1000 primers? $45-$80 for. A pound of powder? Is this true? What the hell happned with reloading stuff?
    March 2020 happened. When the gun and ammo market went nuts from Covid, politics, and riots reloading components weren*t far behind. Raw materials went nuts. Demand went nuts. (See a theme here? Everything went nuts). Companies that produced the components, who are often also the ammo companies, diverted everything to their own production. At one point boxes of primers were going for around $300. I seriously contemplated liquidating my stash to buy a car. Stuf has come down a lot since those highs but not enough to be reasonable in my mind. The last time I bought primers they were around $30/box and powder was around $20-25/lb.

All of that being said, if you want to move it you*ll price it a little below where the market is. Many people will turn their noses up at the still high prices though maybe many buy it because they need it and don*t have many cheaper choices. Depending on what you have I might be interested but I probably won*t be able to make the show this weekend. Always too busy.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    March 2020 happened. When the gun and ammo market went nuts from Covid, politics, and riots reloading components weren*t far behind. Raw materials went nuts. Demand went nuts. (See a theme here? Everything went nuts). Companies that produced the components, who are often also the ammo companies, diverted everything to their own production. At one point boxes of primers were going for around $300. I seriously contemplated liquidating my stash to buy a car. Stuf has come down a lot since those highs but not enough to be reasonable in my mind. The last time I bought primers they were around $30/box and powder was around $20-25/lb.

All of that being said, if you want to move it you*ll price it a little below where the market is. Many people will turn their noses up at the still high prices though maybe many buy it because they need it and don*t have many cheaper choices. Depending on what you have I might be interested but I probably won*t be able to make the show this weekend. Always too busy.
    I*m going through it all, but i honestly don*t have time to deal with it since I don*t stock it or sell it usually. I*m going to try and put it out at 60% of *retail* prices in hopes that it sells. But then again, this is Oaks*and things will never be cheap enough for some people. Usually the stuff i bring just to get rid of are the things i end up bringing back.

(Berks County)

I*m going through it all, but i honestly don*t have time to deal with it since I don*t stock it or sell it usually. I*m going to try and put it out at 60% of *retail* prices in hopes that it sells. But then again, this is Oaks*and things will never be cheap enough for some people. Usually the stuff i bring just to get rid of are the things i end up bringing back.
    What all have you got? And where will you be parked? In spite of your big, smiling face, somehow I can never seem to find you.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    What all have you got? And where will you be parked? In spite of your big, smiling face, somehow I can never seem to find you.
    POWDER:

Hodgdon lil gun
    Hodgdon H4350
    Hodgdon H380
    Hodgdon H4227
    IMR 4350
    IMR 4064
    Ram shot Enforcer pistol powder
    Blue Dot Magnum handgun/Magnum shot shell

Primers:

Winchester Small pistol standard-1300
    Winchester Large rifle standard-1000