Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pop: Born in Reading Me: FXBG, VA, Virginia

Default Bearing Arms: Keystone State should be getting semi-auto rifles ‘okayed’ for hunting

Just dropped from Bearing Arms:

https://bearingarms.com/john-petroli...ig-game-n75404

"There's an interesting thing in Pennsylvania law that's worth bringing up. A 2016 measure allows the use of semi-automatic rifles for hunting purposes. There's a "but", though: the use of semi-automatics must be blessed by and "in accordance with regulations promulgated by the commission." "The commission" that's being spoken about is the Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners, and it's high time they pull the trigger on semi-auto rifles for big game."

Theron

(Berks County)

Default Re: Bearing Arms: Keystone State should be getting semi-auto rifles ‘okayed’ for hunt

i would be extremely surprised if this happened for big game. you still have groups protesting the open date day change from 4 years ago. there are also members on here that said they are against this and would quit hunting if this change happened. there are also others on here who would make you believe pa has the most dangerous hunters and cant be trusted with semi-auto rifles for hunting. i would be fine with there was a mag limit for hunting since there currently isnt.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Bearing Arms: Keystone State should be getting semi-auto rifles ‘okayed’ for hunt

OMG!
    Don*t you people realize blood will run in the streets if Pa. goes the way of the rest of the states?!
    I*m good with magazine restrictions too. You can use any semiautomatic you wish but the magazine must be empty at all times. You would be allowed to keep a single round in your shirt pocket until needed.

The good news is, the fudds need not worry. There will be no restrictions on how big a flask you can carry.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Allegheny County)

Won*t happen, they want to ban them and making them legal for hunting would hurt their end game.
    Today was a good day!

(Lawrence County)

I think a .350 Legend upper would be in my future.

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Bradford County)

A friend of mine has told me that Federal fusion 6.8 115gr sp are absolutely spectacular on deer. Don't know where he's hunting, though.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by EFK View Post
    A friend of mine has told me that Federal fusion 6.8 115gr sp are absolutely spectacular on deer. Don't know where he's hunting, though.
    They are quite good as are S&B 110gr and Hornady 120gr SST.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Won*t happen, they want to ban them and making them legal for hunting would hurt their end game.
    Which is precisely why we need to get them for hunting here. The anti gun political movement and culture needs to be permanently beaten and finished off.

(Montgomery County)

Hunting isn't war, I'm completely fine with say a 5 round mag limit and whatever rifle I want to run.

Would also be cool to be able to go after game with a hot loaded 10mm or something...

(Northampton County)

Im all for Semi auto being legal for hunting. Although it most likely wouldn't change what guns I use as I love my bolt guns!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast