Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: PAGC Survey

Default PAGC Survey

I received a PAGC survey today, September 12, 2023 via email. I took the survey. It asked what species I have hunted in the last five years, how much I either opposed or supported the reintroduction of the Pine Marten, how much I opposed or supported antler restrictions and weather or not I was a licensed hunter prior to antler restrictions being implemented. The last series of questions was relative to Sunday hunting and which seasons I would prefer to see more Sunday hunting opportunities. I was glad to take the survey and hopefully my answers will be taken into account.
    Jules

(Wayne County)

Default Re: PAGC Survey

I wish that they would have sent this out 25 years ago.

I would have LOVED to have had Sunday hunting, in order to get one day to hunt with the kids and one day to hunt for myself/seriously. Unfortunately, there just weren't enough open Saturdays to get the girls interested. I suspct that we are losing a whole generation of hunters because of this and the inability of PGC/the General Assembly to see this coming because of their Fuddism.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I received a PAGC survey today, September 12, 2023 via email. I took the survey. It asked what species I have hunted in the last five years, how much I either opposed or supported the reintroduction of the Pine Marten, how much I opposed or supported antler restrictions and weather or not I was a licensed hunter prior to antler restrictions being implemented. The last series of questions was relative to Sunday hunting and which seasons I would prefer to see more Sunday hunting opportunities. I was glad to take the survey and hopefully my answers will be taken into account.
    Jules
    Good job, I've answered them for years, I think many just ignor it, but this is where PAGC gets the best info.

(Berks County)

im always happy to answer these surveys. i have only gotten one about waterfowl hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I wish that they would have sent this out 25 years ago.

I would have LOVED to have had Sunday hunting, in order to get one day to hunt with the kids and one day to hunt for myself/seriously. Unfortunately, there just weren't enough open Saturdays to get the girls interested. I suspct that we are losing a whole generation of hunters because of this and the inability of PGC/the General Assembly to see this coming because of their Fuddism.
    gotta be careful with wanting sunday hunting. you will rile up the feathers of the people who say it ruined their hunting camp time.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    im always happy to answer these surveys. i have only gotten one about waterfowl hunting.

gotta be careful with wanting sunday hunting. you will rile up the feathers of the people who say it ruined their hunting camp time.
    Well, they have a point.

It's funny, though. No one ever seemed to care about me getting riled up over not being able to have sufficient opportunity to take my kids hunting. Too bad many don't even try to bother understanding opinions other than their own.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Well, they have a point.

It's funny, though. No one ever seemed to care about me getting riled up over not being able to have sufficient opportunity to take my kids hunting. Too bad many don't even try to bother understanding opinions other than their own.
    Do you know what pisses me off the most about these threads? When someone say's they don't have the time or can't take off of work to hunt,
    with their kids. Their kid's must not mean that much to them. Then.
    FJB

(Berks County)

Well, they have a point.

i can see their point that it effects opening day for them but then why not just continue to start hunting on that Monday like they traditionally did. is the concern that someone will get "their" deer? my hope is that kids and people who wouldnt normally hunt get interested in hunting. more days to hunt are always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Do you know what pisses me off the most about these threads? When someone say's they don't have the time or can't take off of work to hunt,
    with their kids. Their kid's must not mean that much to them. Then.
    well i know my 5 year old has sports on saturdays in the middle of the morning, games starting at 10 am and practice 2 days in the evening after school. the school district only allows like 5 unexcused absences, some schools may accept hunting as an educational absence, so taking 1 or 2 days would be fine for me and my kids. if you have older kids in after school activities the rule in my area is that if you are a no show for school then no practice and in some cases no game/event that week. so some kids have to choose between what ever activities they are doing or hunting so then it doesnt matter what day is opening day. older kids will probably be fine getting out in the morning to hunt then going to do any activity they have to. what do you do if you have multiple kids in multiple activities. im fine with taking days off to hunt with my son, i get plenty of PTO but i could see where it might be hard for some parents to take kids hunting. like everything its a give a take issue. if your kids truly want to hunt you can find a way.
    Last edited by akley88; September 14th, 2023 at 08:35 AM.

(Bucks County)

The *it*s all about the children* thing is pretty much just an excuse. The more likely reasons for the crying about opening day is:
    -Change of opener crushes Fudd tradition.
    -Hampers weekend of drunken revelry and inappropriate, juvenile antics of unsupervised adults. You know, celebratory gunfire, fireworks, and generally disturbing the neighborhood with alcohol inspired skulduggery.

If you*re really interested in getting your kids involved in hunting, you find a way. Might mean difficult choices and cutting into other high priority activity, but you for find a way.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter