Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Exclamation Windham Weaponry is closing.

https://www.windhamweaponry.com/

It is with deep regret that we announce the closing of Windham Weaponry. Our website/online retail ordering system will remain active through Tuesday night, Sept 12. We will do our best to ship all orders this week and early next week. No credit card will be charged until the order is shipped.

Twelve years ago, when we started Windham Weaponry, our shareholders and longtime employees were excited to continue the traditions and spirit of Bushmaster Firearms, after the new owners decided to leave Maine.

We built WW into a company we could be proud of providing outstanding customer service, high quality products, as well as a great place for our dedicated employees to work.

The last few years have been a very challenging time for the firearms industry, and we have struggled to keep the WW dream alive for as long as possible. Unfortunately, we have not been able to meet our loan obligations with the bank after they worked with us as much as they could.

There was a glimmer of hope when we were negotiating with an investor to help keep WW alive and healthy, but that just fell through.

We have begun discussions with Keenan Auction Company to determine the best course of action for a full liquidation which should happen within the next month or so.

Our shareholders and employees truly appreciate your loyal support all of these years.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Windham Weaponry is closing.

No surprise. I've been a dealer for them the last few years and they had nothing new in features. Never ordered from them or even updated my FFL with them this year.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Allegheny County)

That sucks.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

That sucks but the AR market is saturated, especially with cheap AR*s, not sure how some companies lasted as long as they did. I bet you*ll see more of this in the coming years.
    Today was a good day!

(Allegheny County)

I didn't follow closely, but didn't they die a death of a thousand cuts by liberal antis?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I didn't follow closely, but didn't they die a death of a thousand cuts by liberal antis?
    Not sure but how many times have you heard someone talking about their windham AR? I know I haven*t heard Them mentioned at all that I can remember.
    Today was a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    That sucks but the AR market is saturated, especially with cheap AR*s, not sure how some companies lasted as long as they did. I bet you*ll see more of this in the coming years.
    Speaking of, those cheap 300.00 ar's, are they any good, will they hold up with a lot of rounds down the barrel, does anybody have any stats,
    on those beater guns? I own a couple myself. Are they even worth buying anymore, or is it better to by top of the line i.e colt and whatnot.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Speaking of, those cheap 300.00 ar's, are they any good, will they hold up with a lot of rounds down the barrel, does anybody have any stats,
    on those beater guns? I own a couple myself. Are they even worth buying anymore, or is it better to by top of the line i.e colt and whatnot.
    Don*t know anything about those, I do know you can get or build yourself a solid AR with proven parts for around 800.00-1000.00 or maybe even a little cheaper.
    Today was a good day!

(Erie County)

I bought 2 WW AR's several years ago and they function perfectly. They cost around $ 800.00 at the time of purchase and I would consider them solid rifles.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Allegheny County)

I dunno if I would hold them up as highly as he does, but my impression was always that it was a solid rifle.
    I really don't know though - that's just my impression - never handled one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast