Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Pre-emption Case Sept 13 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    This is the part they don*t understand. I use the example of driving from Philly to the Blue Route in Delco. Every little township, borough, town, etc. could have their own gun laws and one could be in violation every other mile.

In addition I add, why not just enforce the multitude of gun laws already on the books.
    We had that type of situation raised by local municipalities when I was a Septa Engineer. The municipalities including Philadelphia wanted to charge a wage tax to crew members that ran through their jurisdiction, some even multiple times a day. The courts struck those wage taxes down and said that only the municipality where you signed up could charge a wage tax. Philadelphia still owes me about $300 plus interest since 1987 or 88 when the case was resolved. Philadelphia was charging many of us a wage tax when we signed up at outlying points like Paoli, Norristown, Media, West Trenton, Trenton, Warminster, Lansdale and Doylestown. The court ordered Philadelphia to recompense all those wage taxes but no one I know including myself were able to receive those wrongfully taken taxes. Knife laws should also be preempted by State law.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    What is 'CJC'? I think I have someone I can ask who will know.
    Criminal Justice Center.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justic...iminal_Justice
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm tempted to attend this but I do not think that the shitty of the first class has gun storage and I'll pass on going disarmed.
    Don't be skeert 'lil feller............

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    This is the part they don*t understand. I use the example of driving from Philly to the Blue Route in Delco. Every little township, borough, town, etc. could have their own gun laws and one could be in violation every other mile.

In addition I add, why not just enforce the multitude of gun laws already on the books.
    Cause it's about power, not about right and wrong.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    We had that type of situation raised by local municipalities when I was a Septa Engineer. The municipalities including Philadelphia wanted to charge a wage tax to crew members that ran through their jurisdiction, some even multiple times a day. The courts struck those wage taxes down and said that only the municipality where you signed up could charge a wage tax. Philadelphia still owes me about $300 plus interest since 1987 or 88 when the case was resolved. Philadelphia was charging many of us a wage tax when we signed up at outlying points like Paoli, Norristown, Media, West Trenton, Trenton, Warminster, Lansdale and Doylestown. The court ordered Philadelphia to recompense all those wage taxes but no one I know including myself were able to receive those wrongfully taken taxes. Knife laws should also be preempted by State law.
    Philadelphia police routinely ticket cars that have never been to Philly. It's almost a cliche that Philly government has a whiff of corruption around itself.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Philadelphia police routinely ticket cars that have never been to Philly. It's almost a cliche that Philly government has a whiff of corruption around itself.
    A whiff?

Full on sewage/slaughter house stench.
    10% of City Council should be tarred and feathered.

The rest should be hung!
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Philadelphia County)

Any proof to back that up? What do they do, scroll through the license plate database and pick ones at random to ticket?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinPhilly View Post
    Any proof to back that up? What do they do, scroll through the license plate database and pick ones at random to ticket?
    No, it is usually because of incorrectly entered digits. Whether from bad handwriting or an intentionally altered digit.

(Juniata County)

The 2nd Amendment didn't exist when the British Army was free to run around here. The Term "The People" may not applied to armed forces under command either.

I have no idea why Hogan Lovells is involved, or who is paying their bills.
    IT did. IT just was not called that. The Constitution is just a codification of rights that all British Subjects have always enjoyed, focusing on the rights most commonly violated by the British Government or Sovereign.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

There's that show called "Parking Wars" that is filmed in Philly. How anyone could live in that city with all that kind of madness is beyond me.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast