Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: ATF is changing the term "business" for FFL's.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Then don't comment and don't resist and take it in the ass whenever they want to give it to you!

I didn't find it on regulations.gov either so it might show up after the holiday. here's the instructions for filing a comment
    Like most rapists they love it when you kick and scream, because your still gonna take it

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Like most rapists they love it when you kick and scream, because your still gonna take it
    Kicking and screaming wastes energy. Directed counter-attacks often succeed.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by KPShooting View Post
    Like the public comments matter at all. These tyrants will do whatever they want until they start facing real consequences for their disgusting behavior.

That said I can't find it on the federal register site. If you have a link, please post it.
    Actually, after they do whatever they want, and then their rule change gets challenged in court, the judge could look at how many comments they had and weigh that in their decision to issue an injunction. So, maybe they don't matter now, but it might come up down the road.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

I finally had a chance to read this.

On page 9, they say if you're trading guns for illegal drugs, you need an FFL. That made me LOL.

They still won't say if you sell a certain number of guns that you need an FFL, but they do say that selling a gun within 30 days of purchasing it is a possible indicator. Also, repeatedly selling guns 31 days after purchasing would also be an indicator of trying to circumnavigate the 30 day indicator.

A single firearm transaction, or even saying you will sell one firearm while representing yourself as a dealer, could break the rules the say. That part is concerning. They say it's all based on a totality of the circumstances.

A lot of the indicators of someone operating for profit without a license do make sense. Such as repeatedly selling the same model of firearm new in box, paying for credit card processing, advertising with sale flyers, making business cards with business name, etc. Things that collectors typically don't do.

Some concerning indicators are things like getting a table at a gun show or maintaining records of money made selling firearms. Some states require you maintain records of your firearms sales, which include the dollar amounts. Again, totality of the circumstances apply, but concerning.

Originally people were speculating that they were going to look at if you were selling a gun and making a profit, in terms of dollars, but that is not the case as far as I can tell. I have no idea how they would gather that information anyways. They list all those indicators of business as the indicators of profit.

They don't say how many new FFLs they expect this rule change to create but if you back into it with the total estimated costs to private individuals it looks like they expect 2,500-25,000 new FFLs.

Overall, this isn't as crazy as I thought it was going to be, but it is still concerning. It seems like it can readily applied against anyone they deem worthy of prosecuting because of the vagueness and variety of indicators for operating for profit or as a dealer.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I finally had a chance to read this.

On page 9, they say if you're trading guns for illegal drugs, you need an FFL. That made me LOL.

They still won't say if you sell a certain number of guns that you need an FFL, but they do say that selling a gun within 30 days of purchasing it is a possible indicator. Also, repeatedly selling guns 31 days after purchasing would also be an indicator of trying to circumnavigate the 30 day indicator.

A single firearm transaction, or even saying you will sell one firearm while representing yourself as a dealer, could break the rules the say. That part is concerning. They say it's all based on a totality of the circumstances.

A lot of the indicators of someone operating for profit without a license do make sense. Such as repeatedly selling the same model of firearm new in box, paying for credit card processing, advertising with sale flyers, making business cards with business name, etc. Things that collectors typically don't do.

Some concerning indicators are things like getting a table at a gun show or maintaining records of money made selling firearms. Some states require you maintain records of your firearms sales, which include the dollar amounts. Again, totality of the circumstances apply, but concerning.

Originally people were speculating that they were going to look at if you were selling a gun and making a profit, in terms of dollars, but that is not the case as far as I can tell. I have no idea how they would gather that information anyways. They list all those indicators of business as the indicators of profit.

They don't say how many new FFLs they expect this rule change to create but if you back into it with the total estimated costs to private individuals it looks like they expect 2,500-25,000 new FFLs.

Overall, this isn't as crazy as I thought it was going to be, but it is still concerning. It seems like it can readily applied against anyone they deem worthy of prosecuting because of the vagueness and variety of indicators for operating for profit or as a dealer.
    What a crew of arse holes
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Susquehanna County)

Docket No. ATF 2022R-17 is up, running and accepting comments on Regulations.gov. If you haven't yet please go file your objections!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Carbon County)

Final rule was signed yesterday. Around 330,000 comments on the initial proposal.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/final-r...ealer-firearms
    "Send lawyers, guns, and money; the shit has hit the fan." - Warren Zevon

(Lancaster County)

(Allegheny County)

Isn’t that the purpose of getting a ffl? What’s the new requirements?
    Today was a good day!

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuBarbeque View Post
    Final rule was signed yesterday. Around 330,000 comments on the initial proposal.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/final-r...ealer-firearms

The Final Rule is 466 pages. Jesus wept!

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...earms/download

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast