Finally got my JTS M12AK out to the range yesterday. I had every intention of cleaning it before taking it out, but I had a very limited time window where I could get to the range. I fully expected to have problems given some of the reviews I'd seen where the gas piston needed to be thoroughly cleaned right out of the box. Well, I ran 100 rounds of mixed high brass and low brass ammo, and it fed everything 100%. I used target loads and heavy loads, slugs and buckshot. No problems whatsoever. Very impressed for it being a $230 "blem" shotgun. Only non-shooting issue I had was loading the mags. You have to push down each round a slight amount to get the next round to slide in. Not sure if this is box mag shotgun thing, or just an issue with the JTS mags. I only shot the 5rnd mags that came with the gun. I have three 10rnd mags to try out the next time I can get to the range.

My original plan was to replace the stock and forearm with a Magpul AK stock and Zhukov forearm, but I like the stock that's on there. Besides, I just have the base M12AK. It doesn't have a standard AK stock connection on the rear trunion like the T1 model does. That means I'd have to buy an adapter and go with an AR type stock or an ACE stock. The former being meh and the latter costing as much as the shotgun. I do think I'll replace the forearm with a Magpul AK forearm, however. I want the M-LOK slots.

Not my gun, just a photo from the web.

5165458465-jts-ak-12ga-18in-semi-auto-shotgun-black-m12ak.jpg