Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Delaware's gun control - No carry at schools, entertainment venues, and polls

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    lol. Yeah, i Was just thinking that as I read this. For the last 30 minutes I've actually been reading through news comments on the TN gun control hearing where a slew of people are yelling that "We need to ban fully automatic weapons!" Apparently, between Biden, Cicilline and Dick Wolf the liberal masses are absolutely convinced that every AR, AK, etc. out there is full auto.
    Ban them? Eff that, i say make them all lefal and mandatory. Pop out of the womb, they hand you a full auto/select fire/semi m4 and 1k rounds to start with once old enough to walk.

Works for the Jews, no one in the world is dumb enough to screw with them (except palestine, but thats another story).

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Delaware's gun control - No carry at schools, entertainment venues, and polls

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Good luck knowing when you are within 1,000 feet of a school zone.
    How many gun owners currently live within 1,000 feet of a school? They will be felons for doing nothing.

(Montgomery County)

This.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-five View Post
    I'm surprised the quiet little blue state still allows reciprocity with nonresident carry licenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Shhhhh.
    Exactly ... shhhhh. I live a couple miles from DE and frequent it a lot for the tax free shopping and cheaper gas.

(Wayne County)

At first blush, this would be easy to shoot down, based on an unequal application of the law, setting cops security guards, and the military above other citizens. The last I checked, we don't have caste systems in the US.

Further, not all security guards are authorized to carry firearms. I wasn't when I worked security, but does that mean that I could carry at the polls, too?
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    At first blush, this would be easy to shoot down, based on an unequal application of the law, setting cops security guards, and the military above other citizens. The last I checked, we don't have caste systems in the US.

Further, not all security guards are authorized to carry firearms. I wasn't when I worked security, but does that mean that I could carry at the polls, too?
    That argument didn't pan out in Illinois.

I though school zones, have been law for decades here,
    Polling places, are at schools, so..

They had to add, the school zone, even though it was law, to get the events one passed,

Maybe it meens 2 am car meets also?

So it should have saved that young mans life?

Sarcasm......
    I talk jibberoush. pay attention.

(Bucks County)

True---1000' via Google maps or 1000' via driving directions? If it's as the crow flies, it would be nearly impossible to tell if you're in a school zone---heck, a lot of school zones simply end at a natural barrier (sidewalk) or tree line.
    I have my Utah carry and go to DE 4-5 times per year...never had a problem in the past so who knows.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Don't worry about school zones since the article says "Students caught with weapons in these areas face up to 90 days of expulsion."

So if a thug student with a gun will only get expelled for a few months what is the worse thing that can happen to a law abiding citizen?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Don't worry about school zones since the article says "Students caught with weapons in these areas face up to 90 days of expulsion."

So if a thug student with a gun will only get expelled for a few months what is the worse thing that can happen to a law abiding citizen?
    Law abiding citizen? I think you mean a dangerous felon caught with a gun mere feet from a school?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12