Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Legion Arms is now in West Mifflin (Old Anthony Arms)

Good people, a talented gunsmith, nice selection, nice indoor range, and good trainers.

I don't think a lot of people know they moved from McKeesport to West Mifflin into the old Anthony Arms building.

Check em out!
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Elk County)

Default Re: Legion Arms is now in West Mifflin (Old Anthony Arms)

Was there a month ago. It still has that Anthony Arms "feel" about it inside, but as soon as you engage with the staff that discordant feeling goes away. I had a genuinely positive experience.

The one big guy needs to use his inside voice, though. Kinda distracting.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

I've shot there a couple of times now. They did a decent enough job of fixing up the range portion (it was a big mess before...)
    A friend of mine lives near there and we have been getting together once a month to do some shooting. One month we meet at Range USA in Robinson Twp - near me, and the next month we shoot at Legion Arms - near his house.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

I've been by a few times recently and have been meaning to stop. I will have to do it next week.

Did they have any yeet cannons?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Good people, a talented gunsmith, nice selection, nice indoor range, and good trainers.

I don't think a lot of people know they moved from McKeesport to West Mifflin into the old Anthony Arms building.

Check em out!
    Is the Gunsmith a real gunsmith or a AR/Glock type gunsmith ?

(Washington County)

A real one. Last time I was in there he was building someone a custom rifle and chambering a barrel in some wildcat caliber. Due to the nature of the action (from some high end place I had never of) it was a pretty complicated operation, with an unusual method of headspacing. He can also do whatever AR/Glock work you need and yhey can cerakote.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Westmoreland County)

Bob the gunsmith is the real,deal. He has made me a couple guns, cut and threaded some barrels, and just been one heck of a good guy. He pretty much does everything from cerakote to milling. He has done some custom rifles and pistols that I was allowed to inspect, they were works of art.
    The shop guys were pretty decent too. Better than my experience when it was under the old ownership.

(Allegheny County)

I stopped in last week just to see what it’s like.. It seemed to be low on stock, but it’s a large retail space.

The range downstairs was busy. I hadn’t been in there for 15years while I was locked-up abroad, so to me it looked (& “felt”) vastly improved since back then..

(Allegheny County)

I appreciate all the positive feedback. Yes, the building was in really bad disrepair and we're still overcoming the stigma of the previous regime's bad reputation. We painted the entire building (inside & out), replaced hundreds of light fixtures with LED flat panels to get rid of the yellow dingy lighting and spent over $200K in the basement to redo both the front range and the smaller private range. There have been dramatic improvements to the ventilation with even more improvements planned before the end of the year. With a building of this size, it's difficult to get everything done right away, but we'll continue making enhancements for the foreseeable future.

In regards to inventory, you may have stopped in while we were at a gun bash. We did 6 or 7 over a 9 or 10 week period. We are actually carrying hundreds of thousands more than we were in McKeesport. We kind of had to in order to fill the larger store.

Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast