Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: How long should a PICS delay take prior to taking legal action?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-24 hours

10 52.63%
  • 1-6 days

3 15.79%
  • 1 week

3 15.79%
  • 2-4 weeks

3 15.79%
  • 1-6 months

0 0%
  • 6 months - 1 year

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: PICS - How Long Is Too Long?

If you don't have a FFL, hide your dog for his own well being. I'm sure you have drawn interest from the number of firearms purchased recently. Good luck.
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    If you don't have a FFL, hide your dog for his own well being. I'm sure you have drawn interest from the number of firearms purchased recently. Good luck.
    If this post is actually real I'd wager money that the FBI will be showing up to their house. For their sake I hope they actually still owns all the guns they've bought too.

(Jefferson County)

Now, I am not accusing you of anything - but those purchases follows the same practices as straw-purchasers and "unlicensed dealers". That is certainly why they flagged you for research.

You will likely have to fill out the challenge form and mail it in. You'll have to explain why the number of purchases, probably prove that you are merely a collector, etc, etc. You may even have to/want to divulge photographic proof that you KEEP your guns after purchase, or lawfully have liquidated the ones you've let go. Yeah, I know I'll catch heat for that immediately prior sentence - but the "law" is trying to crack down on illegal activities and sometimes you have to "prove your innocence". I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but it is a fact of the matter.

And you'll likely have some LEO come knocking at your door at some point in the process.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Westmoreland County)

^^^^^^This!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Now, I am not accusing you of anything - but those purchases follows the same practices as straw-purchasers and "unlicensed dealers". That is certainly why they flagged you for research.

You will likely have to fill out the challenge form and mail it in. You'll have to explain why the number of purchases, probably prove that you are merely a collector, etc, etc. You may even have to/want to divulge photographic proof that you KEEP your guns after purchase, or lawfully have liquidated the ones you've let go. Yeah, I know I'll catch heat for that immediately prior sentence - but the "law" is trying to crack down on illegal activities and sometimes you have to "prove your innocence". I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but it is a fact of the matter.

And you'll likely have some LEO come knocking at your door at some point in the process.
    You'll get no heat from me. Legal or not, you need to consider the optics.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post

Agreed. We can all lament about how things should be, but unless/until it changes we have to deal with things as they are.

(Monroe County)

Widgetman101, yes I still own all of my guns. The grey area they've created regarding sales has me cautious. They changed the verbiage from primary livelihood to profit.

And yes, it may come to that @knight0334. They'll need a warrant to come in. The most I would do is talk to them through the ring camera and ensure nothing incriminating is disclosed. (Not that I have anything to hide, but their questions can be tricky sometimes.)

(Westmoreland County)

I think for Research that the Authorities can wait up until 45 days.

I do not know what the hold is when it's just going through the process.

I never cared for the Brady Checks. Too much potential for a stealth gun owner registry.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    I think for Research that the Authorities can wait up until 45 days.

I do not know what the hold is when it's just going through the process.

I never cared for the Brady Checks. Too much potential for a stealth gun owner registry.
    See the information I listed in post #10. PICS can take as long as 15 working days to post an Approval, a Denial or an Undetermined. The latter is a De facto Denial.

(Monroe County)

Your insight is appreciated, ScotsGuards.

I have submitted to Firearms Policy Coalition and reached out to Prince Law Offices today.

FPC says they'll probably take 2-3 weeks to check if they want to take my case.

Prince Law Office said they've seen some Delays take as long as 30 days.

I'll probably reach out during business hours to some other attorneys tomorrow also to get additional opinions.

If you are correct, ScotsGuards, I have printed the SP 4-197 and will fill it out and likely take it to whomever I'm going to do the consult.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast