Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Democrats demand 1,000% excise tax on ‘assault weapons,’ high-capacity magazines

I identify as a lesbian and all my guns are dildos.
    FJB

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Democrats demand 1,000% excise tax on ‘assault weapons,’ high-capacity magazines

So,which dim senators wouldn't support it?...and I'm not sure where Trump will be moving to by then.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    So,which dim senators wouldn't support it?...and I'm not sure where Trump will be moving to by then.
    Manchin...

(Wayne County)

If the folks in the NRA had half a brain, they would canvass minority groups and gather information on the number of minorities that pirchased firearms in the past 5 years, then hit the Democrats with an environmental justice lawsuit, alledging that the law is unfairly discriminatory against lower income demographic groups.

Environmental Justice is HUGE within government bureaucracies at the moment.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Step back off the ledge.

1) Legislation was introduced purely for political theater, (i.e, this has ZERO chance of passing, ever).
    2) Republicans control the House and there are plenty of dim senators who would never support it.
    3) Trump is poised to move into the WH in January of 2025.
    1. Still not so sure, but 1,000% could simply be their attempt at getting 500% or 250% passed.
    2. They do for now, but the party's strength is eroding.
    3. I think we have a better chance of Target introducing a gun department than we do of Trump getting elected. First, he's now looking at a possible fourth indictment. The Dems are on top of their electoral manipulation game and made sure that Trump would be hit with an avalanche of criminal cases at the time to keep him tied up. Second, the Biden administration has done a decent job recently in terms of damage control - making the state of the economy seem less dire than it is, making it look like he's made progress on gun control and even getting his useless student loan crap passed to try and quiet all the angry people that only voted him on his promise of loan forgiveness (that he never had any intention of pursuing). I think Desantis has better odds than Trump, but he needs to step up his game.

(Bucks County)

Won't happen, let them squeal as much as they like.

Attachment 168493

(Berks County)

so they are trying to increase sales again?

(Bucks County)

Democrat thought process---Let violent criminals out of jail. Stop prosecuting violent criminals. Support sanctuary cities that embolden violent criminals.

---Then blame the guns.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bradford County)

I'll blame the democrats.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    so they are trying to increase sales again?
    That seems to elude them. I didn't really pay too much attention until recent years when legislation I thought that would never pass, passed. These days if I want something that could even possibly fall under the broad brush of "assault weapon" I just go buy it instead of thinking about it for months.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast