Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Biden is planning executive action to put universal background checks

Tyrants gonna tyranny.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...unities-safer/

Today, in Monterey Park, California, President Biden will announce an Executive Order with the goal of increasing the number of background checks conducted before firearm sales, moving the U.S. as close to universal background checks as possible without additional legislation. The Executive Order will also keep more guns out of dangerous hands by increasing the effective use of “red flag” laws, strengthen efforts to hold the gun industry accountable, and accelerate law enforcement efforts to identify and apprehend the shooters menacing our communities. President Biden is also encouraging the Federal Trade Commission to issue a public report analyzing how gun manufacturers market firearms to minors.

President Biden is traveling to Monterey Park to grieve with the families and community impacted by the mass shooting that claimed 11 lives and injured nine others in January. Monterey Park is part of a growing list of communities all across the country that are forever changed due to gun violence—not only mass shootings, but also daily acts of gun violence that may not make national headlines.

Last year, President Biden signed into the law the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, the most significant gun violence reduction legislation enacted in nearly 30 years. When celebrating the Act’s passage, he called on Congress to seize the bipartisan momentum and advance additional commonsense steps to reduce gun violence. Again and again, he has called for Congress to act, including by banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, requiring background checks for all gun sales, requiring safe storage of firearms, closing the dating violence restraining order loophole, and repealing gun manufacturers’ immunity from liability.

As he continues to call on Congress to act, President Biden will do everything he can to reduce gun violence and save lives. That is why, over the past two years, President Biden has taken more executive action to reduce gun violence than any other president at this point in their presidency.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Biden is planning executive action to put universal background checks

A true fuckin asshole with total disregard of the law

(Berks County)

Default Re: Biden is planning executive action to put universal background checks

im not surprised this is being tried but i cant see much working cause it will be challenged.

(Lancaster County)

Yawn... He needs to sign it crayon. It will still be as valid as... well nothing.

Executive Orders only apply to agencies, under fed or state control, and are at the same level as a policy, not a law.
    Last edited by PASE717; August 2nd, 2023 at 12:27 PM.
    "If you're not catching flak, you're not over the target"

(Bucks County)

He/They think they are Stalin
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    He/They think they are Stalin
    His masters certainly believe that all who dissent from their agenda are criminals who must be punished.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Northampton County)

IThe Executive Order directs the President*s Cabinet to: Increase the number of background checks by ensuring that all background checks required by law are conducted before firearm purchases
    Huh? Were some of these background checks previously conducted after firearm purchases?

"Hi Jim, this is Steve down at the gun shop. Could you bring back that AR-15 I sold to you last Christmas? I just got around to running your background check and it came back prohibited."

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    Huh? Were some of these background checks previously conducted after firearm purchases?

"Hi Jim, this is Steve down at the gun shop. Could you bring back that AR-15 I sold to you last Christmas? I just got around to running your background check and it came back prohibited."
    they are going to try and use this to ban private sales.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    they are going to try and use this to ban private sales.
    Realistically, how are they going to effect that?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post

Yes, that sort of happens under NICS, which is one reason I oppose surrendering the Federally-mandated process from the PSP to the Feds.

Under NICS, if you don't get a response within 3 days, the transfer can go through. But the process doesn't end there, the Feds are still processing it, and some % of the time, it ends in a denial. But the prohibited person already has the gun. Illegally.

Of course, sometimes the denial is in error, but sometimes it's not. When it's not, you now have additional charges, on top of the false statements to an FFL, you now have unlawful possession.

PICS requires an affirmative approval, so you don't go into "possessory crimes" on top of the false statements. Plus, I'd rather be 1 out of 12 million Pennsylvanians if I have a complaint with PICS, than 1 out of 350 million Americans if NICS screws me over. PICS (and the PSP, and the Governor, and the PA Legislature) are going to be 30 times more responsive, on average, to our complaints, more if you factor in that we're a big gun-owning state that doesn't have to listen to New Yorkers or Californians.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast