Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Biden is planning executive action to put universal background checks

When you give permission to the government to supersede the US Constitution you get a government that supersedes the US Constitution. What part of "Shall not be infringed" are we talking here?
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Biden is planning executive action to put universal background checks

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    they are going to try and use this to ban private sales.
    If they're simply "ensuring that all background checks required by law" are done and a background check isn't required for a particular private sale, then they haven't really accomplished anything. This just largely seems like political bluster to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Yes, that sort of happens under NICS, which is one reason I oppose surrendering the Federally-mandated process from the PSP to the Feds.

Under NICS, if you don't get a response within 3 days, the transfer can go through. But the process doesn't end there, the Feds are still processing it, and some % of the time, it ends in a denial. But the prohibited person already has the gun. Illegally.

Of course, sometimes the denial is in error, but sometimes it's not. When it's not, you now have additional charges, on top of the false statements to an FFL, you now have unlawful possession.

PICS requires an affirmative approval, so you don't go into "possessory crimes" on top of the false statements. Plus, I'd rather be 1 out of 12 million Pennsylvanians if I have a complaint with PICS, than 1 out of 350 million Americans if NICS screws me over. PICS (and the PSP, and the Governor, and the PA Legislature) are going to be 30 times more responsive, on average, to our complaints, more if you factor in that we're a big gun-owning state that doesn't have to listen to New Yorkers or Californians.
    All true, but my point was simply that prior to the Executive Order, all background checks required by law are conducted before firearm purchases and after the Executive Order, the same holds true.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Realistically, how are they going to effect that?
    sincenon only a few of my long guns were run through a gun shop How are they going to prohibit my selling, giving away or even throwing away

(Berks County)

my bet would be the ATF creates a new rule about buying and selling a firearms requiring a license. our current governor had no problem trying to declare 80% lowers a firearm. granted the court stepped in but dems are fine with ignoring court orders. Hell the Philly mayor is asking for law firms to sue dealers for the actions of criminals.
    Last edited by akley88; August 4th, 2023 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    sincenon only a few of my long guns were run through a gun shop How are they going to prohibit my selling, giving away or even throwing away
    Selling & giving away require some other person, and lots of other persons are compromised somehow. How do they catch drug dealers? How do they catch pedos looking for pre-teen action online? They use UC's, they entrap, they bait you.

That's also why we can tell that most of their schemes are bullshit Trojan Horses to create universal registration, because they could easily apply their honed drug intervention skills to illegal gun sales, WITHOUT creating a list of all lawful gun owners (and ONLY lawful gun owners, not the criminals).

We could have universal background checks without ever listing the guns being transferred, but that's not what they want, that's not the point of the exercise. They want to be able to ban all guns and make it stick, with every legal gun owner knowing that if he refuses to play, agents will kick in his door & shoot his dog & rough up his daughters. They need universal REGISTRATION for that, they don't give a crap whether the law-abiding get "background checks". It's about the guns, and being able to intimidate us all into surrendering them someday soon. Same for laws forcing us to report all lost or stolen guns, because those would be the excuses you'd use for not turning them in ("Yes, I bought that gun, but it was on the boat when I had that accident. . . ")

Gun registration solves almost no crimes, because criminals use stolen guns. Few murderers leave a traceable gun at the crime scene. It's why the gun-banners never brag about solving crimes with their lists, not in any country or any state that's tried it. Same for "ballistic fingerprinting", an even dumber version.

Every gun owner needs to understand & share this, that ALL of their "common sense" schemes are aimed at making a ban and surrender stick. Eliminate excuses, list all the guns, make sure everyone knows police have the list and will come to you if you fail to come to them.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12