Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Easgle Arms Oaks: Fri. Aug 11, 1-7 PM; Sat. Aug 12, 9 AM-5PM; Sun Aug 13, 9AM-4PM

it's not really tax exempt. It's more like tax deferred. Someone ultimately has to pay the sales tax on an item.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Easgle Arms Oaks: Fri. Aug 11, 1-7 PM; Sat. Aug 12, 9 AM-5PM; Sun Aug 13, 9AM-4PM

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    Ever try that with the promoter of the gun show? How much did he take off of your admission fee?
    I use coupons..

(Delaware County)

I haven*t bought a gun at a gun show in years. So much easier to buy it on line. PSA throws some great specials. I go to gun show now to look around, get some exercise, have lunch with someone from here and go home. I feel some guns sometimes and then see if I can get it online cheaper.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I haven*t bought a gun at a gun show in years. So much easier to buy it on line. PSA throws some great specials. I go to gun show now to look around, get some exercise, have lunch with someone from here and go home. I feel some guns sometimes and then see if I can get it online cheaper.
    ....same here pretty much.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Adams County)

do these gun shows offer any decent pricing on new guns or am I better off just going to my local gun shop? I use to live in VA and go to the Chantilly expo and it seemed decent deals there could be had. At least a few years ago. Now Im in PA (East Berlin) and still trying to find a good source.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayg5102 View Post
    do these gun shows offer any decent pricing on new guns or am I better off just going to my local gun shop?
    Local gun shop

(Chester County)

do these gun shows offer any decent pricing on new guns or am I better off just going to my local gun shop? I use to live in VA and go to the Chantilly expo and it seemed decent deals there could be had. At least a few years ago. Now Im in PA (East Berlin) and still trying to find a good source.
    Pricing on new guns at shows is usually better than your local gun shop, or that's been my experience. Check internet prices to get an idea of what you should pay. Just remember that if you buy a gun over the internet you will pay shipping plus a transfer fee to your local FFL, maybe $100 total in addition to the quoted price. In any case it doesn't cost much to look, just the $15 to get into the show.

(Montgomery County)

It seems to be very hit and miss for new gun deals. I've bought 2 new handguns over the last 2 years from the shows at Oaks and I have yet to see a shop have a deal that has beat either one. That is only 2 guns from the many I've looked for.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Berks County)

If you have one in mind and know what it costs at your LGS, you should be able to strike a deal but I wouldn't expect to save too much. It doesn't seem like there is a lot of wiggle room for the dealers on new guns. However, I have seen situations where one dealer had some pretty good prices compared to the others. I figured that they had an excess of inventory on that particular model and want to reduce it a little.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Westmoreland County)

We'll be set up at oaks this weekend. I'm going to run some inventory reduction sales this month on selected new handguns and shotguns.

That aside; I hope to see many of you there this weekend.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast