Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Has anyone tried the Tisas PX9?

I'm looking at two pistols ... Tisas PX9 and Walther PDP. I love my Beretta M9A1 but I want a red dot, I hate Beretta's optic mount, and I don't like the cowitness sights Langdon uses. I've basically held everything the gun stores by me have and the only ones I'm still interested in are the PDP, PDP-F, and PX9. The PX9 is literally half the price of the PDP, it uses 226 mags which are cheaper than the Walther magazines since I can buy mec-gar, it's a direct-mount RMR-pattern slide, and it has a threaded barrel so I could put a comp on it if I wanted. Does anyone have any experience with it? This is the one I'm looking at ...

https://www.classicfirearms.com/tisa...-tactical-gen/

I would generally recommend the known brand and go with the Walther but it felt really good in my hand and I can't find anyone online that has anything bad to say about it.

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Has anyone tried the Tisas PX9?

Can't speak directly about the PX9, but I have one of their aluminum frame guns and the thing is beautifully machined inside.

Default Re: Has anyone tried the Tisas PX9?

I've had both, but thought the PX-9's optic mounting scheme was a bit Mickey Mouse compared to the PDP. It uses the same odd sized mounting screws that hold the cover plate down to mount the optic itself, and these seemed to be not very substantial to me. I will say the gun functioned well and had a great trigger. And if you ever decide to sell it resale price will be far less than you paid for it. But if you're not willing to fork over the money for a PDP it is a viable option. I would also look at what Canik has to offer, as they offer a lot of bang for the buck, with perhaps better aftermarket support.