Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: What is your sentimental handgun that you won't sell or trade?

CZ P-09 in FDE. First one in civilian hands in the US, second only to the one given to General Patreus by the Czech Republic.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    It's hard to follow free's logic...
    What is hard to follow about it?

It's pretty simple...if I don't have a use for it, why keep it...other than avoiding the hassle of trying to sell it?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post

It's pretty simple...if I don't have a use for it, why keep it...other than avoiding the hassle of trying to sell it?
    Not difficult at all, put it up for sale for asking price, maybe a little higher so you can haggle a bit, sell it and move on.

I don*t have any guns of sentimental value, or anything else non gun related I consider sentimental. I have guns that would be last on the list for sale, but in the end they all have a price, if someone wants it bad enough I’d sell for the right price.
    Today was a good day!

(Berks County)

P-7. First real handgun I bought and I like it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

I may not have typed that the best way.. Follow as in the next post... after you saying they are all just tools, that they are .. but there is still a sentimental value (to me) on some stuff passed down.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    I may not have typed that the best way.. Follow as in the next post... after you saying they are all just tools, that they are .. but there is still a sentimental value (to me) on some stuff passed down.
    I get that. All I was trying to say is that I don't associate any sentimental value with them. But I realize that I'm an outlier.

Here's the deal...guns were dad's thing. They were his interest. We were only introduced to them because they were of interest to him. He took us shooting because it was his hobby. He took us hunting because it was his hobby. He never bothered to find out about OUR interests, let alone help us pursue them or participate in them. He always had money for guns (and cigarettes) even if we didn't have proper food or were being evicted because he didn't pay rent or mortgage. Even so, after I was about 12-13 or so, he didn't even bother with taking us shooting or hunting anymore, which is fine with me because I never wanted to go anyway.

So yes, I have some guns I received in childhood, but no, I don't really have any sentimental value associated with them....even though most of you would, for such guns.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Not difficult at all, put it up for sale for asking price, maybe a little higher so you can haggle a bit, sell it and move on.

I don*t have any guns of sentimental value, or anything else non gun related I consider sentimental. I have guns that would be last on the list for sale, but in the end they all have a price, if someone wants it bad enough I*d sell for the right price.
    Step one: get them out of the vault

Step two: take some damned pictures

Step three: put them back in the vault

Step four: post all that shit online

Step five: get offers, questions, haggling fuckers, etc. Respond to all that shit.

Step six (maybe): drag that shit back out of the vault, load it up, meet someone somewhere to make the exchange. Wait around for PICS and whatever else.

It's a lot of work for not much money. Just leaving that stuff sit in the vault until the heat death of the universe is a lot easier.

To that end, I have at least three guns sitting in the vault, which I've had for 35-40 years, primarily because I'm too lazy to make the effort to sell them.

(Lycoming County)

I get that. All I was trying to say is that I don't associate any sentimental value with them. But I realize that I'm an outlier.

Here's the deal...guns were dad's thing. They were his interest. We were only introduced to them because they were of interest to him. He took us shooting because it was his hobby. He took us hunting because it was his hobby. He never bothered to find out about OUR interests, let alone help us pursue them or participate in them. He always had money for guns (and cigarettes) even if we didn't have proper food or were being evicted because he didn't pay rent or mortgage. Even so, after I was about 12-13 or so, he didn't even bother with taking us shooting or hunting anymore, which is fine with me because I never wanted to go anyway.

So yes, I have some guns I received in childhood, but no, I don't really have any sentimental value associated with them....even though most of you would, for such guns.
    That makes sense. I had the opposite, dad hadn't hunted since he was a kid when I decided I wanted too. He only owned 2 guns at the time. He bought me my first rifle and pistol for learning how to shoot, which was my interest. Probably why I put a high sentimental value on the guns he bought for me as a kid.

That said, my Winchester 94 I got for my 13th birthday would probably be the absolute last thing to go.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    That makes sense. I had the opposite, dad hadn't hunted since he was a kid when I decided I wanted too. He only owned 2 guns at the time. He bought me my first rifle and pistol for learning how to shoot, which was my interest. Probably why I put a high sentimental value on the guns he bought for me as a kid.

That said, my Winchester 94 I got for my 13th birthday would probably be the absolute last thing to go.
    I also have one of those, in the "trapper" model, which I got when I was 10-11. It's been Pakerized now (long story). I'll keep it because I think it's kinda cool, but not because of any sentimental value. I will admit to not having much use for it though. I doubt I'll put even 5 rounds through it between now and the time I die.

I just never saw the point in hunting. We never, NOT ONCE, saw anything to shoot, let alone shoot anything. And I didn't see the point in killing stuff, since I wasn't going to eat it anyway. It all just seemed like a big waste of fucking time to me.

(Carbon County)

all of them

the only guns I got rid of were ruger semi-autos 1911 Commander, sr9 both jam-o- matics
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast