Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Community outraged after cop shoots harmless golden retriever dead

Why would any sane person want to be a cop today? As stated above, the trend is for it to worsen.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Imagine if cops were to spend 1 hour out of all their extensive training on how to read doggie body language. It's very easy to tell a dog that's attacking from one that just wants to greet someone new. Most kids can pick it up by 5yrs old. This cop will suffer no consequences from his department. He'll claim he was skeered and he just wanted to get home safe that night. Dogs are merely property, that is, until you kick a police dog but again only property when a cop locks his own dog in a hot car.
    We had training like this for a few years running during yearly MPO classes.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Why would any sane person want to be a cop today? As stated above, the trend is for it to worsen.
    Not everyone should or could be a cop.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    Had my 1st golden 14yrs...............
    My second 12 yrs after him.........kindest gentlest dogs ever.

It would have taken ever bit of will power to not shoot the cop right then and there - but realize the implications.
    However, were it my dog ........this person would be found and made dead..................not today.....not tomorrow............but soon.

There are consequences....................
    Then they should apply to all who violate the rules or laws. I would be good with that.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Not everyone should or could be a cop.
    *Could*, as in past tense? I just read an article that somewhere they were removing the requirement that an applicant have experience or academy training. I*m thinking maybe Allentown?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    *Could*, as in past tense? I just read an article that somewhere they were removing the requirement that an applicant have experience or academy training. I*m thinking maybe Allentown?
    *Could be* as in doesn*t meet all of the requirements.

Speaking of requirements, to attract recruits, many departments are lowering requirements, from physical ability to education requirements to prior criminal acts. In the future we are going to suffer because of the even lower quality of officer that is being hired today.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    He's been wanting to shoot something, anything, since he finished the academy.
    ^^^This!

Actually, it’s probably been a lifelong dream of his.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    I have to ask, at what point can you legally shoot in the defense of your family, regardless of the offender?
    The breed of dog is irrelevant, (i.e., golden retrievers are not all "harmless").

Under 3 Pa.C.S. § 459-501, a person may kill any dog that is:

• pursuing, wounding or killing any domestic animal
    • wounding or killing other dogs, cats or household pets; or
    • pursuing, wounding or attacking a human being.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Imagine if cops were to spend 1 hour out of all their extensive training on how to read doggie body language. It's very easy to tell a dog that's attacking from one that just wants to greet someone new. Most kids can pick it up by 5yrs old. This cop will suffer no consequences from his department. He'll claim he was skeered and he just wanted to get home safe that night. Dogs are merely property, that is, until you kick a police dog but again only property when a cop locks his own dog in a hot car.
    I did some seasonal temp work for UPS some years ago. I delivered a package up to this one house and Cujo inside was not happy. This massive killing machine was growling and gnashing and clawing and thrashing at the front bay window so hard the glass was flexing. I gotta say I was askeered that thing was gonna come through the window. I high-tailed it back to the truck faster than Forrest Gump.

Last edited by Gman106; July 8th, 2023 at 12:44 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Bucks County)

Some people are too stupid to know they need to protect their pets from the police.
    I have a wire haired pointing Griffon. He just loves people.

Even though he*s harmless, he*s always leashed in public. Some people just don*t like dogs no matter how friendly. They might have been attacked as children or who knows what.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast