Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Winchester Model 70 value

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    I*m also searching from my phone. I wonder if that makes a difference? I*ll try again from my desktop when I get home.
    That's a good possibility.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Ok, retarded it is. I can't get it to work from the desktop either. I input this into the advanced search:
    Capture.JPG

and get this:
    Capture2.JPG

Anyway, Delkal's links gave me an idea of what it might be worth. Now, what I need to do is find someone who places a higher value on a gun stolen by a mass-murder!
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Berks County)

Ok, retarded it is. I can't get it to work from the desktop either. I input this into the advanced search:
    Capture.JPG

and get this:
    Capture2.JPG

Anyway, Delkal's links gave me an idea of what it might be worth. Now, what I need to do is find someone who places a higher value on a gun stolen by a mass-murder!
    I don't see 'Welcome Staylo' in the upper right hand corner. Are you signed in? You have to be signed in to use that feature..
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

From my search, it appears that 1964 and later Winchester model 70 .30-06 rifles are mostly selling for ~$500 - $600 on gunbroker, depending on condition.

(Northumberland County)

Try selecting just the Firearms break too.

But at any rate I'd say $400-600 on average

(Franklin County)

I have a Winchester Model 70 in 30-06 and I*m trying to determine the fair market value of. As best as I can tell it*s a 1964, so it would be the first year after the redesign. Are there resources, like a blue book, to help determine value? I*ve not been successful in finding anything in searches.

The rifle has an interesting bit of history; the gun was stolen from my father-in-law by Jesse Dee Wise not long before he killed most of his family. I*m sure that doesn*t increase the value, but it*s an interesting bit of provenance.
    I know I have strayed from the topic, but I looked him up and was very surprised to see that he committed those six murders in Leola. I lived just down the road from there from 1954 until 1963 at Zooks Corner. I was through the town many times and bought things there.
    Navy ⚓️ 1965–1969

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I don't see 'Welcome Staylo' in the upper right hand corner. Are you signed in? You have to be signed in to use that feature..
    I cropped that part out, but yes I was signed in. You can*t access the completed auctions without being signed in. I don*t know what in the world I*m doing wrong but I think I have my answer. Thanks for trying to help out!

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    I know I have strayed from the topic, but I looked him up and was very surprised to see that he committed those six murders in Leola. I lived just down the road from there from 1954 until 1963 at Zooks Corner. I was through the town many times and bought things there.
    It was very shocking. What was more shocking to us was that my father-in-law*s girlfriend*s daughter was dating him at the time and they burgled my father-in-law*s house and stole a bunch of rifles and a car and took off together. I believe they were found in Texas with the rifles in the car. Fortunately he was able to get the rifle back but they did file the serial number so he had to have it re-stamped.

True Gun Value online. (link below)

Type in Winchester Model 70, 1964, 30-06 using the commas then select rifle and see what it gives you/

https://truegunvalue.com/
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12