Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Updating County Info?

I have been scrolling through the county information pages, trying to find a county that currently issues to non-residents, however most of the counties either I already know don't issue (checked the Sheriff website), or there are no threads from the last five years with current info.

Yes, I checked here first, the info is all stale as month old bread.

https://www.pafoa.org/counties/

I am former PA resident, now non-resident, with a LTCF that was issued by Sheriff Held in Westmoreland County where I have family. My permit is expiring, however the new Sheriff no longer will issue permits to non-residents. It is crazy that I will be able to more easily get a permit issued to me in Maryland or DC potentially, than PA. Sad times.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Updating County Info?

Quote Originally Posted by panther76 View Post
    I have been scrolling through the county information pages, trying to find a county that currently issues to non-residents, however most of the counties either I already know don't issue (checked the Sheriff website), or there are no threads from the last five years with current info.

I am former PA resident, now non-resident, with a LTCF that was issued by Sheriff Held in Westmoreland County where I have family. My permit is expiring, however the new Sheriff no longer will issue permits to non-residents. It is crazy that I will be able to more easily get a permit issued to me in Maryland or DC potentially, than PA. Sad times.
    Any info outside of this forum will never be updated. For all intents and purposes, the rest of site has been abandoned.

By law, all Sheriffs are required to issue to non-residents, but when turned away, most prefer to continue their search rather than to spend a few thousand dollars to force the sheriff to carry out his sworn (and statutorily compelled) duties.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Any info outside of this forum will never be updated. For all intents and purposes, the rest of site has been abandoned.

By law, all Sheriffs are required to issue to non-residents, but when turned away, most prefer to continue their search rather than to spend a few thousand dollars to force the sheriff to carry out his sworn (and statutorily compelled) duties.
    It hasn't been abandoned, it is inaccessible. Dan was able to delete the link to the county page(not the page that lists the forum pages) from the main front page because some counties were giving us crap about the outdated info - which we can't change.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Here are the counties that I tell people who reach out to us on the Contact page.

Erie, Crawford, Mercer, Venango, Jefferson, McKean, Centre, Delaware, and Somerset counties. I would call before going to be sure.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    It hasn't been abandoned, it is inaccessible. Dan was able to delete the link to the county page(not the page that lists the forum pages) from the main front page because some counties were giving us crap about the outdated info - which we can't change.
    Inaccessible by you and all other staff. Abandoned by Dan. Staff here has enough knowledge and has certainly earned enough trust to be allowed to update it, and if Dan won't allow that, then he should pull those pages down completely.

*The reciprocity page is also full of errors and broken links too.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Inaccessible by you and all other staff. Abandoned by Dan. Staff here has enough knowledge and has certainly earned enough trust to be allowed to update it, and if Dan won't allow that, then he should pull those pages down completely.

*The reciprocity page is also full of errors and broken links too.
    All the more reason to just use handgunlaw.us which is always up-to-date.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Allegheny County)

March 17th this year Allegheny County issued me a non-resident LTCF. It took about 10 minutes.

I no longer live in PA and I am a Virginia resident
    The Lord Bless You

I got mine from Adams County, I'm also a MD victim.. Just looked quickly at their website, appears to be up and running as usual whe I got mine a few months ago.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast