Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Anti-gun legislation has moved from the PA House to Senate

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedDragon View Post
    What part of the PA Constitution makes mail in voting unconstitutional? Historically it mostly benefits rural conservative districts. Trump's attack on it was F'ing stupid since he shot his party in the foot with trotting it out as fraudulent/rigged/etc...

I'm rather tired of seeing conservatives attack things that help them using misinformation touted by that idiot but I'd rather keep the topic on the risk to our gun rights
    I am tired of seeing so called patriots pooh poohing the evidence without actually seeing it because they hate the orange man.
    And have you actually looked at the data/ evidence supporting the fraudulent allegations or are you just regurgitating the liberal MSM crap shoveled down every brainwashed idiots throat for the past 2 .5 years?
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    I am tired of seeing so called patriots pooh poohing the evidence without actually seeing it because they hate the orange man.
    And have you actually looked at the data/ evidence supporting the fraudulent allegations or are you just regurgitating the liberal MSM crap shoveled down every brainwashed idiots throat for the past 2 .5 years?
    I am very cautious of the biases in media I consume, both right and left. As for looking at the data, I followed a lot of the court cases regarding the 2020 election. All this alleged "evidence" constantly touted on conservative media wasn't even submitted in court because the lawyers involved knew they could lose their jobs, and possibly get disbarred for submitting such false evidence. That's probably why 60/61 cases were either total losses or tossed out, and the 61st resulted in a recount that reaffirmed the same results.
    I also read the NASEM report detailing very well how secure our elections actually are. (You can select the free PDF instead of the pricey Ebook. It's the same content)

There's also the risk limiting audits that catch the minimal amount of attempted fraud that people try.

All this election fraud debate does is show the centrists/swing voters that conservatives are sore losers, and unable to accept results they don't like. In a swing state that's slowly swinging blue, we are doing ourselves a massive disservice with this attitude. Even the state level GOP admitted that attacking mail in voting F'd us over

To quote the most relevant part of that article:

*There*s no question in my mind that Republicans have to have a different mail-in strategy,* said Andy Reilly, a Republican National Committeeman in Pennsylvania. *When one party votes for 30 days and one party votes for one, you*re definitely going to lose.*
    So I implore you to look at the actual data presented from apolitical organizations like NASEM regarding the election security, look at how the risk limiting audits are done and see that attempted mail-in voting fraud is not only very rare, but WILL be caught because there are actually far more checks on it than in person voting. If you still doubt the integrity of elections, then I highly recommend volunteering to be a poll worker. You will either learn first hand that the election fraud stuff was all BS, or if you are right, you'll help catch and stop the fraud you're so worried about. It's a win-win.

Now to avoid getting further off topic and irritating the forum mods: Has there been any movement or news on these bills?
    *Libertarian Screeching*

(Berks County)

I am very cautious of the biases in media I consume, both right and left. As for looking at the data, I followed a lot of the court cases regarding the 2020 election. All this alleged "evidence" constantly touted on conservative media wasn't even submitted in court because the lawyers involved knew they could lose their jobs, and possibly get disbarred for submitting such false evidence. That's probably why 60/61 cases were either total losses or tossed out, and the 61st resulted in a recount that reaffirmed the same results.
    I also read the NASEM report detailing very well how secure our elections actually are. (You can select the free PDF instead of the pricey Ebook. It's the same content)

There's also the risk limiting audits that catch the minimal amount of attempted fraud that people try.

All this election fraud debate does is show the centrists/swing voters that conservatives are sore losers, and unable to accept results they don't like. In a swing state that's slowly swinging blue, we are doing ourselves a massive disservice with this attitude. Even the state level GOP admitted that attacking mail in voting F'd us over

To quote the most relevant part of that article:

So I implore you to look at the actual data presented from apolitical organizations like NASEM regarding the election security, look at how the risk limiting audits are done and see that attempted mail-in voting fraud is not only very rare, but WILL be caught because there are actually far more checks on it than in person voting. If you still doubt the integrity of elections, then I highly recommend volunteering to be a poll worker. You will either learn first hand that the election fraud stuff was all BS, or if you are right, you'll help catch and stop the fraud you're so worried about. It's a win-win.

Now to avoid getting further off topic and irritating the forum mods: Has there been any movement or news on these bills?
    Caution with all media is good. Act 77, which allows no excuse, mail in voting is a violation of our State Constitution. Call it what you want, it is illegal and still permitted to happen. The mods don't seem to care if we go off topic in The Lounge and neither do most users. Respect in the other forums is appreciated.

Oh, the dems are sore losers too.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Caution with all media is good. Act 77, which allows no excuse, mail in voting is a violation of our State Constitution. Call it what you want, it is illegal and still permitted to happen. The mods don't seem to care if we go off topic in The Lounge and neither do most users. Respect in the other forums is appreciated.

Oh, the dems are sore losers too.
    If it's against the PA constitution then that's another story and it should be dealt with for violating the state's core document. I would attack it for that but not for incorrect details about how secure it is.

As far as the dems being sore losers, I agree . I also fear the way elections are going to go due to SCOTUS overturning long standing precedents whether I agree with them or not. This court gave us a fantastic ruling with Bruen, but in the same year they also set the repeated standard of ignoring past precedent, which means Bruen is already on the chopping block the second the court changes.
    *Libertarian Screeching*

(Venango County)

We are all hoping that the Senate will vote in favor of our right to bear arms that they are not to be infringed upon. But while we are waiting to see how the vote will go, we ought to be looking at a responsible, legal, and constitutional backup plan.

The plan is called Nullification or Constitutional Enforcement. Nullification is contained in Article VI of the US Constitution, and many voted officials have sworn to support and defend the constitution.

This is happening in Illinois where the State Supreme court voted to support the state's new ban on many semi-automatic guns. Specific rifles and handguns, .50-caliber guns, attachments and rapid firing devices, as well as limits on rounds the allowed guns are allowed to carry. The AR-15 is banned - the AR-15 ban alone affects 25000 people. Current owners are not being told they are being confiscated, but they do have to register them including serial numbers. Illinois is one of the worst states for gun control legislation.

The amazing part of all this is the Illinois County Sheriff's - they have vowed to defy the unconstitutional gun control edicts coming from the state legislature and supreme court of Illinois. Originally 74 Sheriffs said they would NOT check to see if citizens are registered or not. Sheriffs are voted on at the county level, so 74 sheriffs are 74 counties, about 73% of the counties in Illinois. La Selle county board adopted a resolution to oppose the new law, and the county state attorney said he would NOT prosecute anyone based on the new law.

The founding fathers said that constitutional violations should be met with constitutional enforcement. Local, state, and federal have a duty to protect our rights by opposing constitutional violations. So, when those unconstitutional laws usurped authority over the people, government officials who were voted in by the people and had sworn to defend the constitution knew they had the RESPONSIBILITY to declare as null and void the new laws that attacked the 2nd Amendment rights of the people in their counties.

James Madison said: "Thus the right of nullification meant by Mr. Jefferson is the natural right, which all admit to be a remedy against insupportable oppression". (James Madison, 1834).

Later, the brave sheriff's who stood up for the people who elected them, sent a template letter to the state Sheriff's Association, who then shared that with other sheriffs. The number increased from 74 to 90 sheriffs who stood up against the unconstitutional law! There are only 105 counties in Illinois.

This is how we defeat any unconstitutional gun laws in the state of PA as well. This Firearms Association has a lot of people - just think the influence that would be had on this state if we contacted all 67 sheriffs in Pennsylvania, as well as the PA Sheriff's Association and let them know that we need them to protect or right to bear arms and nullify anything that the state legislator throws at us and the governor attempts to sign into law. Sheriff's have the power! They are here to protect our rights. It is legal, it is constitutional. Isn't the US Constitution amazing?!

Here is some more information, just paste the links in your web browser:

Video: County Officials Nullify Anti-Gun Illinois Supreme Court Ruling (9 minutes)
    https://gojt.us/i5uw

video: Sheriffs Stop Gun-Grabbing Laws
    https://jbs.org/video/weekly/sheriff...grabbing-laws/

Video: "The Founder’s Brilliant Solution to Big Government: Article VI" (30 Minutes)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rjwFveXjmI

Video: “Nullification: The Rightful Remedy” (41 Minutes)
    https://gojt.us/j6mn

Booklet PDF: "The Founder's Brilliant Solution to Big Government ARTICLE VI"
    https://jbs.org/assets/pdf/Article-VI-Booklet.pdf

Magazine article reprint PDF: Sheriffs and Legislators are acting to Nullify Obama Gun Control Laws (This shows many past successes at nullification).
    https://jbs.org/assets/pdf/2904-Null...islators_1.pdf

(Venango County)

In an earlier post I mentioned that 90 Illinois Sheriff's interposed, or set themselves between the unconstitutional directives and the law-abiding citizens of their counties. Now, New Mexico is doing the same thing. If they can win this war at this level, so can we here in PA. So we need to call the senators as we've been urged to do, but also we need to get with our Sheriffs to see if they will stand with the people for the constitution.

New Mexico follows suit and stands between its law-abiding citizens and an unconstitutional gun carrying ban by the governor (7 min):
    New Mexico Follows Illinois’ Lead: Nullifies Gun Ban

https://jbs.org/video/weekly/new-mex...news-analysis/

Alex Newman, senior writer for the New American, discusses the constitutional authority and duty of the Sheriff’s in protecting all of our rights, including the right to bear arms (10 min): How Sheriffs Can Resist The Deep State

https://thenewamerican.com/video/how...he-deep-state/

(Susquehanna County)

If it's against the PA constitution then that's another story and it should be dealt with for violating the state's core document. I would attack it for that but not for incorrect details about how secure it is.

As far as the dems being sore losers, I agree . I also fear the way elections are going to go due to SCOTUS overturning long standing precedents whether I agree with them or not. This court gave us a fantastic ruling with Bruen, but in the same year they also set the repeated standard of ignoring past precedent, which means Bruen is already on the chopping block the second the court changes.
    You're too late WRT Act 77 PA Supreme Court already ruled

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/02/10998...voting-lawsuit

Pennsylvania's mail-in voting law is upheld by the state's Supreme Court
    Updated August 2, 20225:17 PM ET

So it is here to stay unless a future Republican Governor and Republican General Assembly (both houses) repeals the law! Until them get with and register and vote early and vote often! You damn well better learn how to beat the Dems at their own game!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    You're too late WRT Act 77 PA Supreme Court already ruled

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/02/10998...voting-lawsuit

Pennsylvania's mail-in voting law is upheld by the state's Supreme Court
    Updated August 2, 20225:17 PM ET

So it is here to stay unless a future Republican Governor and Republican General Assembly (both houses) repeals the law! Until them get with and register and vote early and vote often! You damn well better learn how to beat the Dems at their own game!
    I guess trump will lose Pa.
    FJB

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I guess trump will lose Pa.
    Only if the Republicans don't learn how to cheat as good as the Dems!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123