Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Ammo purchased

(Delaware County)

Default Ammo purchased

Never mind.
    Last edited by SauerGrapes; February 16th, 2024 at 08:25 PM.

Default Re: Ammo purchased

I*m leery of companies like this. They are just pop up names that are inexpensive but in reality not that much less than if you buy REM or Win or Frontier. But the cost of a bad round will be much more costly. I believe there was a somewhat recent example of this in a pistol of some sort that a bad round blew up. I don*t mean to sound like Debbie downer but trying to save $30 on a $400 case or my other favorite is the lube debate on how *gun* oil is $6 an ounce while Mobil 1 is $6 a qt all while using it in a $2500 Staccato

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Ammo purchased

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I*m leery of companies like this. They are just pop up names that are inexpensive but in reality not that much less than if you buy REM or Win or Frontier. But the cost of a bad round will be much more costly. I believe there was a somewhat recent example of this in a pistol of some sort that a bad round blew up. I don*t mean to sound like Debbie downer but trying to save $30 on a $400 case or my other favorite is the lube debate on how *gun* oil is $6 an ounce while Mobil 1 is $6 a qt all while using it in a $2500 Staccato
    Well, feel free to buy what suits you. I didn’t buy it to shoot bench rest competition out of a $500 AR15. I tend to get annoyed when top tier ammo companies boast of the precision of their “match” grade ammo, only to find out it doesn’t shoot any better than cheap off the shelf stuff.