Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Connecticut Senate passes strict gun-control measures, landmark bill headed to govern

This is a done deal as the governor is ready to sign. Highlights:

- bans open carry
    - bans carrying in places where alcohol is served
    - bans unserialized guns (does have a provision for adding serial number to gun); violations are a Class C felony with 2-year minimum sentence and $5k minimum fine
    - cannot purchase pistol or revolver without a valid permit to carry a pistol or revolver
    - pistols/revolvers must be sold with trigger lock and loaded chamber indicator
    - (A) no person shall sell, deliver or otherwise transfer more than one pistol or revolver to any individual during a thirty-day period, and (B) no person shall sell, deliver or otherwise transfer a pistol or revolver to any individual who has purchased a pistol or revolver in the previous thirty days; violations are a Class C felony with 2-year minimum sentence and $5k minimum fine with a provision saying that prosecution may be suspended under certain circumstances (offense not of a serious nature, not a repeat offender, etc.) (the limit is 1, not 3 as the news article states)
    - must have a local permit and state license to sell more than 10 firearms in a year, even if you're an FFL
    - establishment of state database to check for validity of gun permits
    - must be 21 to purchase a long gun
    - must be 21 to purchase magazine with capacity >5
    - must have a purchase eligibility certificate or permit to purchase a long gun
    - additional restrictions on the sale of long guns by those without a local/state permit (I didn't dive into the details here.)
    - ammo and magazine sales require a purchase eligibility certificate or permit
    - "assault weapon" list expanded (page 45-50); aside from a long list of specific guns, also includes: (1) any semiautomatic, centerfire rifle with a folding/telescoping stock, additional pistol grip, flash suppressor, or length < 30". (2) Any semiauto pistol with a magwell outside the pistol grip, threaded barrel, handguard, second hand grip or folding/telescoping stock. (3) semiauto shotgun capable of using detachable mags. There are a whole bunch of other restrictions for pretty much anything with a threaded barrel, brace, handguard, etc. If it's fun to shoot, it's probably an "assault weapon."
    - no legally possessed assault weapon can be sold or transferred to anyone but a dealer. You cannot transfer them to/from a trust nor can you inherit/bequeath them.
    - additional provisions for training, red flag BS, etc.

Link to news story

Link to bill

Default Re: Connecticut Senate passes strict gun-control measures, landmark bill headed to go

I wonder if the illegals/gangbangers will abide.
    FJB

(Chester County)

Default Re: Connecticut Senate passes strict gun-control measures, landmark bill headed to go

FBI "Let Happen" shootings are working just as intended.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

This sucks as all of the places we eat at when I visit my granddaughter serve alcohol. Guess I'll have to find some new places to eat that don't serve alcohol beside the fast food joints. CT permit was easy to get. Might be harder when it's time to renew.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post

This sucks as all of the places we eat at when I visit my granddaughter serve alcohol. Guess I'll have to find some new places to eat that don't serve alcohol beside the fast food joints. CT permit was easy to get. Might be harder when it's time to renew.
    If you own the establishment you're exempted, so all you have to is buy a restaurant/bar. Easy peasy! /s

(Montgomery County)

The division between states widens with respect to RKBA...

(Westmoreland County)

Welp, they just reduced the types of weapons that criminals can use whenever they decide to shoot somebody.....

(Westmoreland County)

Wonder when states will start limiting the rights listed in the 14th and 19th amendments....Apparently, the Constitution only limits the federal government and states don't need to abide by it.

(Bucks County)

I thought Connecticut already had all of those laws. It is a blue shithole.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Wonder when states will start limiting the rights listed in the 14th and 19th amendments....Apparently, the Constitution only limits the federal government and states don't need to abide by it.
    I*m not sure about that. The 1791 bill of rights also pertains to the states. Also, each state has their constitution that usually mimics the federal. There*s certain inherent rights that government can not usurp. But then again they*re communists. Simply put, why are we abiding by illegal laws that our enemy is implementing?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast