Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Delaware State Senate passes permit-to-purchase bill for handguns

This came up in my news feed today, but seems it passed the State Senate last month. (My apologies if it's been posted already, but it didn't come up in the search.)

In short, it will cost $21M in taxpayer dollars (plus the obvious ongoing costs) and will let the Delaware State Bureau of Investigation decide whether or not to allow a given person to purchase a handgun. You could have a clean criminal record, no mental health history, nothing legally prohibiting you from owning a firearm at all and they can simply deny your permit because [fill in stupid reason here]. Maybe you and the local police chief don't get along. Maybe you posted something on social media they were directed to and don't like. Whatever. They're judge, jury and executioner. Permits that are issued are only good for 6 months and then you have to apply again. Permits can also be revoked at any times.

Link to news story

Link to actual legislation

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Delaware State Senate passes permit-to-purchase bill for handguns

It's a shame. Delaware has always been a blue state due to the more populated and urban New Castle County (the other 2/3 of the state is Red) but it has it's good points - tax-free shopping, nice beaches, for example. But like everywhere else it seems, today's leftist radicals can't leave things well-enough alone and have to push their Marxist agenda full tilt.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Montgomery County)

Didn't the Bruen decision determine this was unconstitutional? If not, lawsuits will start pretty soon.

(Bucks County)

And the infringement marches on unfettered
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Didn't the Bruen decision determine this was unconstitutional? If not, lawsuits will start pretty soon.
    It wasn't exactly the same thing, but there are many similarities and I think lawsuits will follow. I don't have a lot of faith in the courts though. It seems the list of states in which I'm willing to live is dwindling.