Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Looking for a decent 9mm for EDC

I currently carry my Sig P365 X appendix style. Wearing a t-shirt, it disappears.
    AR accessories - Barbie for men

(Lancaster County)

I'm late to the party here, but the advice about renting or trying loaned pistols is a cheaper way of finding the correct pistol.

My current carry gun is a S&W Shield Plus. I've been very impressed with its ease of carry and its accuracy. At the range earlier this week I was making hits on steel targets at 30 yards with ease.

Good luck.

(Berks County)

IN the winter I carry J-frames in 38 special, and summer, I switch to one of several Ruger LC9 S Pros. Great shooter, slim profile and with tritium sights it is great day or night.

(Montgomery County)

Also late to the party, but I just went from several .45 1911s and various 9mms to a 'standardized' Glock 26 system. Reasons?

• Practice/carry with one gun. General range trips, IDPA, EDC for consistency
    • Not as small a footprint as Single stack ultra minis, but conceals well, with decent capacity (12 with 2-round mag extension)
    • Easy to handle with 2-round extension to provide place for pinky to rest
    • Offside magazine either G19 (15 rnd) or G17 (17 rnd) with x-grip for comfort
    • Provides both a sub-compact and compact capability in one gun

Since one can make it feel/function like a G19 with a shorter barrel, I chose this over a G19 because it is more versatile. You cannot shrink a G19, but you can 'grow' a G26. See shots with x-grip adapter. I think for a one-gun system, this is about perfect, although if size is the main concern there are smaller out there. G43 or S&W MY&P Shield come to mind, among others. But the G26 is pretty concealable, and the +2 mag extension does not seem to affect the carry profile at all.

With 2-round extension

Edit: Well, for some reason I cannot upload photos today. I've done it a ton, so it's not working now and I don't feel like rebooting. Look for photos of the G26 with 2-round extension and with the Xgrip Glock 19 mag sleeve. It's a great system.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    psa dagger...pretty much a gluck 17 clone. can be had for $299.00. often they run sales were you could get the pistol and ten mags for $399.00.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...tm_campaign=cl

(Susquehanna County)

I decided I will buy a Glock 43X. A little more pricey than I wanted to spend originally but it looks like a great edc gun at a reasonable price. Can’t find a more reliable brand…

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs4421 View Post
    I decided I will buy a Glock 43X. A little more pricey than I wanted to spend originally but it looks like a great edc gun at a reasonable price. Can*t find a more reliable brand*
    Go buy it! Its right around your stated limit.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...ont+serrations

Quote Originally Posted by JCinPA View Post
    Also late to the party, but I just went from several .45 1911s and various 9mms to a 'standardized' Glock 26 system. Reasons?

• Practice/carry with one gun. General range trips, IDPA, EDC for consistency
    • Not as small a footprint as Single stack ultra minis, but conceals well, with decent capacity (12 with 2-round mag extension)
    • Easy to handle with 2-round extension to provide place for pinky to rest
    • Offside magazine either G19 (15 rnd) or G17 (17 rnd) with x-grip for comfort
    • Provides both a sub-compact and compact capability in one gun

Since one can make it feel/function like a G19 with a shorter barrel, I chose this over a G19 because it is more versatile. You cannot shrink a G19, but you can 'grow' a G26. See shots with x-grip adapter. I think for a one-gun system, this is about perfect, although if size is the main concern there are smaller out there. G43 or S&W MY&P Shield come to mind, among others. But the G26 is pretty concealable, and the +2 mag extension does not seem to affect the carry profile at all.

With 2-round extension

Edit: Well, for some reason I cannot upload photos today. I've done it a ton, so it's not working now and I don't feel like rebooting. Look for photos of the G26 with 2-round extension and with the Xgrip Glock 19 mag sleeve. It's a great system.
    I would agree with everything you said. The G26 isn't a pocket gun (for most), but it conceals well, is extremely adaptable with magazine options, and it is easy to fire accurately. It is a great choice if you were only going to have one pistol (God forbid).

(Susquehanna County)

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123