Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Where won’t you spend $

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    Most banks have such a policy, but as far as I know none of the other banks I deal with prohibit me from spending money on legal items/services.
    My bank doesn’t have a no gun sign, but they do have one that very clearly states “No hoods, hats, sunglasses or MASKS”

(Bucks County)

Most banks have such a policy, but as far as I know none of the other banks I deal with prohibit me from spending money on legal items/services.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACP45 View Post
    My bank doesn*t have a no gun sign, but they do have one that very clearly states *No hoods, hats, sunglasses or MASKS*
    My bank also does not prohibit guns. Open carry is not an issue

(Philadelphia County)

Sunoco....and it happens to be the closest gas station to where I live.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

I haven't seen such signs at Santander or American Heritage FCU, where I do my banking. And I need to reduce my stash at Santander some more.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

Walmart.

In Xmas eve 2015 I took my car to Walmart to get an oil change. The tech there cracked the oil pan trying to remove the bolt. We were leaving to visit family out of state the next day. The manager gave me his personal credit card to rent a car but said because the damage to the car was more then $400 it had to go through corporate. On Christmas eve someone from Walmart corporate called me and yelled at me that it was my fault that one of their techs damaged my car.

The manager handled it great but corporate not so much. My take-away was if a customer incurs more than $400 of damage then you'd have to hire a lawyer to sue Walmart corp as they would deny it and insult you while they are at it on Christmas Eve.

We transffered our prescriptions when we got back from vacation and I haven't stepped foot in a Walmart since.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_jim View Post
    Walmart.

In Xmas eve 2015 I took my car to Walmart to get an oil change. The tech there cracked the oil pan trying to remove the bolt. We were leaving to visit family out of state the next day. The manager gave me his personal credit card to rent a car but said because the damage to the car was more then $400 it had to go through corporate. On Christmas eve someone from Walmart corporate called me and yelled at me that it was my fault that one of their techs damaged my car.

The manager handled it great but corporate not so much. My take-away was if a customer incurs more than $400 of damage then you'd have to hire a lawyer to sue Walmart corp as they would deny it and insult you while they are at it on Christmas Eve.

We transffered our prescriptions when we got back from vacation and I haven't stepped foot in a Walmart since.
    Wow, that manager was a saint. I hope he eventually found a better job than Walmart, because Walmart doesn't deserve to have him as an employee.

(Elk County)

Starbucks. I hate the coffee because a) No matter how fresh it is always bitter, and I hate bitter coffee. I use a pinch of salt to kill bitterness in coffee, but I won't do it at Starbucks to make their coffee drinkable. b) I detest Starbucks' corporate social justice pandering and wokeness. c) I cannot stand Starbucks' eliteist, liberal clientele.

WalMart. a) Prior to covid I had started turning against the place because of the stupid placement of merchandise (ragheaded mops were next to ladders beside paint, and every other cleaning product was over in the food section back towards soft drinks and laundry detergent. Makes perfect sense, if you want customers buying other shit while they wander the store wasting their finite time on earth. b) The incompetent auto techs at our local WM cannot balance a tire. My Silverado hopped all over the place after a mount and lifetime balance, so I took it to Clearfield for another (no cost) balance. The writer said he knew I had it balanced in St. Marys before checking the computer because the balance was so fucked up; they get a lot of do-overs from StM. c) I grew tired of a product we use being in stock and then no longer carried. That happened too often. d) During covid the Tuesday at 0600 special time for senior citizens was a fucking farce. Busybody employees that became busybullies were ordering customers around, telling us to line up with a blue bollard to space ourselves, but farther back everyone in line was directed by employees to jam together as if in line for a pre-covid Stones concert. Stupid. Since then, WM is our store of last resort. Instead of many $1000s per year, in cal yr 2022 we spent a total of $366 and change. Moved prescriptions to Rite Aid. With our Medicare advantage plan, it doesn't matter what pharmacy we use; we pay the same co-pays when there is one, and the scrips that are $0.00 are still nothing everywhere else.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Chester County)

Other than avoiding google for obvious reasons I don't follow boycotts...

...shop at Dicks, will drink a Starbucks coffee if that's all there is... currently eating B-dubs wings and posting from my iPad.

(Wayne County)

Brothels
    Crack houses/opium dens
    Atlantic City
    Las Vegas
    Sports arenas
    Golf courses
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Elk County)

That reminds me.

Wings. I. Do. Not. Purchase. Or. Eat. Them. Cholesterol delivery devices. Chichen skin on any part gets removed before consumption.

Bacon. I do not eat it. Another excellent source of saturated fat.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast