Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: PA Assault Weapon and Magazine Ban of 2023

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Now see here, Gene. Even though I*ve never owned one, I know what a banana clip is. You must be a youngster not to know. Walter Kronkite used to show pictures every night on tv of them while our brave boys were protecting our freedom in Vietnam.

And also you need to stop reading them long haired books, boy. I*ve been hunting the same ridge for over 50 years and ain*t never needed no Assault Rifle 14 to get my deers. All I ever needed was my old Remington pump and a flask full of Irish Mist.
    All of those hunters toting Remington 700s and Winchester Model 70s, both were used as sniper weapons in Vietnam. Why are these "men" using sniper weapons in Pennsylvania's landscape?

Look what happened to John Kennedy, shot by a crazed lone gunman with a rifle. We have to consider the welfare of our children, especially the Kennedy kids and all other kids. Think of the childrun!

Look at Charles Whitman, who shot up a college campus, killing almost a dozen people from his tower top sniper's nest. Whitman was busted for poaching deer. Later Whitman killed his Mom, his Missus, before climbing the tower armed with hunting rifles. He picked off almost a dozen people.

So we know that deer slayers can be unhinged killers, a heartbeat away from climbing towers to shoot innocent people. We have to do something about those sniper weapons! Especially those high capacity sniper weapons like pump action rifles. Once we have settled the Assault Weapon question it's time to focus on the real threat to our children - the sniper weapon.

Think of the childrun!! Do it! *

And a pistol? Who needs one of them? You can*t hunt no deers with it. I think only the police and military need one of those.

I don*t believe in pistols, they*re dangerous. Especially if you carry one. Even worse is carrying one with a loaded bullet chamber.
    Handguns are fine for hunting. If you observe the same distance rules as those of Archery hunting, you can probably do fine on deer. Helps if you get your butt away from Dances with the Stars and Friends to visit the range once a week.

Elmer Kieth's books on revolvers were mostly about hunting game birds and small deer and such. Keith practiced more than once a year though.

* Disclaimer - Hunting is needed to manage wildlife. I do not want to excuse "introduction" of Wolves, Mountain Lions or African Hyenas into PA. Some of these Bambiists are nutty that way. People are more sensible than predators.

I do like to see some of these hunters realizing that we hang together or hang separately. Today it's an AR15, tomorrow it's your Remington 700, which is still used for sniping.

https://weaponsystems.net/system/999...on+M700+Police

https://www.bauer-precision.com/remi...d-barrel-4-rd/
    Last edited by GeneCC; May 25th, 2023 at 11:23 PM.

(York County)

"I do like to see some of these hunters realizing that we hang together or hang separately. Today it's an AR15, tomorrow it's your Remington 700, which is still used for sniping."

It will be much sooner than that...........

I support this. I really don*t see why you people need banana clips.
    Well we are living in a banana republic.
    FJB

Now see here, Gene. Even though I’ve never owned one, I know what a banana clip is. You must be a youngster not to know. Walter Kronkite used to show pictures every night on tv of them while our brave boys were protecting our freedom in Vietnam.

And also you need to stop reading them long haired books, boy. I’ve been hunting the same ridge for over 50 years and ain’t never needed no Assault Rifle 14 to get my deers. All I ever needed was my old Remington pump and a flask full of Irish Mist.

And a pistol? Who needs one of them? You can’t hunt no deers with it. I think only the police and military need one of those.
    I don’t believe in pistols, they’re dangerous. Especially if you carry one. Even worse is carrying one with a loaded bullet chamber.

Out Of Stock. Boo hoo.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...magazine2.html

(Bucks County)

I want that!
    Saving my banana labels from here on out.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Chester County)

This crap is just going to get worse as we close to the 2024 election with every Lefty proposing an onslaught of bills for political posturing for the their base as will Conservatives doing the same, both with no or little hope of passing but energizing their base constitutes.

Political theater that is as predictable as clockwork.

We ALL know by now to start your ammo hording because by next summer their will be SO MUCH bullshit that ammo and gun prices will be through the roof. Again, predictable as clockwork, and follows the pattern!
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunno View Post
    We ALL know by now to start your ammo hording because by next summer their will be SO MUCH bullshit that ammo and gun prices will be through the roof. Again, predictable as clockwork, and follows the pattern!
    Now you're just enabling my sickness.

(Berks County)

and if your a reloader, stocking up on supplies might be a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
    and if your a reloader, stocking up on supplies might be a good idea
    Not anymore. The cost to reload exceeds the cost of ammo right now because the components are stupidly expensive. It's cheaper and more space efficient.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Not anymore. The cost to reload exceeds the cost of ammo right now because the components are stupidly expensive. It's cheaper and more space efficient.
    true but the issue also becomes the primers and powder disappearing when there is a run on ammo. thats why i do both and always keep my brass.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast