Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: PA Assault Weapon and Magazine Ban of 2023

These laws will put the PA Senate to the test. If they cave, the PA GOP will lose gun owner support thus will likely keep all branches of PA state government in democrat hands.

(Westmoreland County)

"There are 10,001 ways to push back on these buzzards besides armed insurrection. "

So why have guns at all?

One school is that it deters people like Hitler or Stalin. Certainly both dictators disarmed their subject peoples. The Soviets allowed subjects to rent firearms at shooting clubs. A few were permitted to own hunting weapons. Soviet bureaucrats abused common people. They could and did decide who could live in which cities or what they did for a living. Go ahead - complain to the Party. You're not a member of the Party? Too bad, nobody.

The Nazis in 1938 put supervision of armed civilians into the hands of police. Police were told to ensure that only loyal people were armed, others were packed off to jail, to concentration camps or penal brigades. The Nazi bureaucracy efficiently bumped off millions of people while others around them ignored the smells and terrors.

Another school is that guns make tyranny 'noisy'... remember the Bundy Ranch incident? A rancher was nailed for pasturing cattle on Federal land. There are fine points of that leasing that i'm not clear about. Harry Reid's son worked for the Bureau of Land Management as a staff attorney. The BLM moved on Bundy to run him off to put in a solar power plant. When the patriots assembled Senator Reid blew his top. How dare they interfere with his graft?

The British have so tightly restricted gun ownership that they have special police to patrol "wheelie bins". Average Brits can be fined for putting the wrong trash into the wrong bins. People are hyperregulated in all sorts of ways in the UK. Who can stop them or embarrass a crooked bureaucrat? Almost nobody.

Long ago a wise man said, "the tree of liberty is wandered with the blood of patriots and scoundrels". Today it could be added that the tree of liberty is also watered by the sweat of patriots and the tears of disappointed scoundrels, dreamers of dystopian futures and fools.

We don't have to resort to violence. We do have to resort to intelligent action, to exposing crooked Democrats who want to further crooked bureaucrats and crooked Corporations.

Go look up "Regulatory Capture". There is a reason that the FDA is so nice to Big Pharma and Big Agra. We and our capacity to embarrass bureaucrats are our main bulwark.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    These laws will put the PA Senate to the test. If they cave, the PA GOP will lose gun owner support thus will likely keep all branches of PA state government in democrat hands.
    Don't assume that either.

Donald Trump LIKES "red flag". He promoted it in a speech. His White House advertised for it.

Donald was pretty good about everything else.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by KPShooting View Post
    SB 200 https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&type=B&bn=200

Submitted by the usual graboids including my illustrious senator. I'll have to draft up a letter reminding him how big of a piece of shit he is.

Here's a link to an FPC mailer about it. Hopefully we can kill this in committee.

The best defense against such bans is that the Democrats rake in billions of dollars in campaign bucks to ban Military Pattern Firearms. They blame "Republican obstruction" for "passing common sense gun safety".

How many single party Democrat terms passed since 1994 where the Democrats could have passed another, permanent Feinstein ban? 2009 to 2013. 2021 to 2023.

The Democrats are too close to the margin on head count to ban anything. Some will try, and they will hop up and down.

Democrats like those campaign bucks.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    So what do YOU want? Civil War version 2.0? Do you think that an armed storming of the PA State Capital is going to change anyone's mind? Free hint - it won't help.

Want to make the Democrats happy? Given them a "Jan 6 2021" moment. They were and are desperately trying to make that foolish behavior into an 'insurrection" while ignoring the "Summer of Love of 2020". They would love to have an excuse to put everything under the care and supervision of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Here's a clue for you - people have been smoking left handed cigarettes in PA since the original Americans were here. When the "Marijuana Tax Stamp Act" came into being in 1937 people were still smoking the devil's lettuce. When Tricky Dicky declared War on Drugs in 1970 people continued to smoke reefer.

In the late 1970s Joe Biden proposed, sponsored and got passed "Civil Forfeiture" laws. By 2014 police were taking more private property than burglars. We roughly doubled our prison population since then.

Kids can still buy "blunts" in grade school.

If kids can get weed then grown ups can buy AR15s....

The Democrats are forty years too late to ban these things.

An unending theme presents itself - if people do not wish to obey stupid laws then they will not follow them.

There are 10,001 ways to push back on these buzzards besides armed insurrection.
    So your plan is to just ignore the infringements and hope you don't get caught? Of these 10,001 ways, how many have worked so far? And I am not advocating anything, like Phil said, everyone has to make their own decisions on how far they will bend (over).

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    So your plan is to just ignore the infringements and hope you don't get caught? Of these 10,001 ways, how many have worked so far? And I am not advocating anything, like Phil said, everyone has to make their own decisions on how far they will bend (over).
    No, I plan to continue to lobby, donate and hopefully discover bad things about gun control nuts. Mario Biaggi and Jim Trafficant were both gun control nuts. Both went to prison. I would like to think that Ms. O'Mara and the rest of her crew have skeletons in their closets. For all we know Jenny wants to mutilate the privates of kids... maybe voters in her district should know that?

I would like to remind everyone, you included, that the Feinstein ban ended in 2004. That's nineteen years of liberty. In addition, pretty much every State still allows almost military pattern firearms.

What's with the "bend over" business? This isn't about sex, this is about how far people are willing to tolerate control freaks like Nanny Bloomers or the rest of sociopaths on Wall Street who bankroll this intellectual rubbish.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    But unconstitutional laws are enforced by a criminal Government. You could sit in jail for years while your court case goes through the system. Freedom and money, all gone.
    Isn't that the reason we bought guns in the first place? I don't plan on handing them over to the entity they're protecting me from.....do you?

I've said this before. I have spoke with my family numerous times. I will NOT hand over my means of defense only to see my family raped and pillaged right in front of me while I sit there defenseless. I truly would be dead at that point. If they're will to take your guns they're willing to take everything else.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Northampton County)

Handguns with threaded barrels are listed here as "assault weapons," which probably encompasses the majority of many PA residents' collections.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Isn't that the reason we bought guns in the first place? I don't plan on handing them over to the entity they're protecting me from.....do you?

I've said this before. I have spoke with my family numerous times. I will NOT hand over my means of defense only to see my family raped and pillaged right in front of me while I sit there defenseless. I truly would be dead at that point. If they're will to take your guns they're willing to take everything else.
    ^^^^
    This. All of this.

(York County)

Constitutional rights that are not defended in every way, cease to exist. What next?
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast