Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: 🤔Gun control advocates say new Montgomery Co. initiative will save lives

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    ��
    "We need to find every way possible to save lives to prevent future gun violence," Carol Lastowka, the Southeast coordinator for CeaseFirePA, which advocates to end gun violence, said.
    Heres an idea lets put violent criminals in jail where they belong and not give them the revolving door of low bail and no show hearings. But you know we need to convince people that the crime problem is directly tied to a GUN problem to further our agenda to moronic logic low informational voting base of the democrat party
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Montgomery County sheriff to conduct compliance inspections at gun dealers

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    *I want to emphasize that these inspections do not infringe upon the Second Amendment rights of our citizens. Our inspections are not intended to infringe upon the privacy rights of firearms dealers or their customers,* Kilkenny said.

Not intended to. Right. Just a convenient effect.
    So, by that logic, I can intend to wipe dogshit off of my boot by kicking him squarely in the nuts? I didn’t INTEND to ruin your day, it just happened in the process of cleaning my footwear. You know, to ensure the safety of little kids from stepping in it and getting their asses lit up for tracking through Mommas carpet!
    Same difference, right?

(Elk County)

Default Re: Montgomery County sheriff to conduct compliance inspections at gun dealers

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Really....does the deputy sheriff's knowledge of the nuances of state laws regarding FFL transfers that thorough that a meaningful inspection could be accomplished?

Just asking.
    Little known fun fact: PA sheriffs have the ability to perform firearm transfers just like an FFL, if they choose to do so. They have a dedicated PICS 800 number to use. They would stock federal 4473s and PSP SP4-103s (for handguns) just like a commercial FFL. I don't know of any county sheriff who does so, and the five PA sheriffs that I know personally all told me when asked, "Why would invite more work for me and my staff?" in so many words.

Given that, and especially since PA sheriffs are charged with issuing the PA state firearms licenses to FFLs in their respective counties, that sheriffs would if not should have knowledge of the nuances of state law and appropriate federal law. In practice, there are some sheriffs that don't bother to carry a sidearm, thus there are likely some that don't know all the details and just as leave not know.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Little known fun fact: PA sheriffs have the ability to perform firearm transfers just like an FFL, if they choose to do so.
    I would argue that all Sheriff's are **required** to do so, if asked by parties to a transfer.

§6111 imposes the requirements for transfers among "other persons" (ie - non-dealers).

Section (c) dictates where such transactions can take place, and before I paste the quote, remember that "SHALL" in a statute basically means "MUST", not "can do this if they choose to".

empasis added by me
    (c) Duty of other persons.--Any person who is not a licensed importer, manufacturer or dealer and who desires to sell or transfer a firearm to another unlicensed person shall do so only upon the place of business of a licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer or county sheriff's office, the latter of whom shall follow the procedure set forth in this section as if he were the seller of the firearm. The provisions of this section shall not apply to transfers between spouses or to transfers between a parent and child or to transfers between grandparent and grandchild.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Being most news posted here is satire, you sure this isn't? How are we supposed to tell real news from fake news?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Whilst left leaning, I have not found that publication to be fake...yet.
    I watched this on WFMZ it is real. Look it up for yourself.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Ready or not, here it comes. This should put an end to 'gun violence' because the hoodlums will lose all of their LGS. And I expect that any violators will get more time than any prohibited possessor.

Montgomery County sheriff to conduct compliance inspections at gun dealers

"To accurately and uniformly evaluate compliance, Kilkenny said his office is implementing a points-based rating system for firearms dealers’ inspections, which will be conducted by specially trained, experienced deputies. The grading system will range from Grade A, full compliance with no infractions, to Grade F, completely non-compliant.

Inspections will be based on 14 criteria laid out in the existing Uniform Firearms Act, and graded according to levels of importance to public safety.

Those 14 criteria include such things as the display of the dealer’s license, availability of locking devices and comparing current firearms inventory to confirm that it matches disposition records and comparing received firearms with sales."

He's grandstanding.... and accomplishing very little... The BATF&E audits books and the business premises.

I guess that he wants to get reelected?

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I would argue that all Sheriff's are **required** to do so, if asked by parties to a transfer.

§6111 imposes the requirements for transfers among "other persons" (ie - non-dealers).

Section (c) dictates where such transactions can take place, and before I paste the quote, remember that "SHALL" in a statute basically means "MUST", not "can do this if they choose to".

empasis added by me
    I would submit that the "shall" you highlighted means the sheriff office "shall" follow the listed procedures if doing a transfer....
    Let's go Brandon!!!

There are lots of things that are illegal, that police and sheriffs still need a warrant before coming into your property and looking around to see if you broke a law. The 4th Amendment protects the owners and clerks and staff, and since violations of the UFA are criminal, that means the deputies better come with warrants issued upon probable cause.

This isn't Japan, the govt doesn't get to come into your house from time to time and fish around for violations.

The FFL's bound book is not for sharing with politicians and their agents, it's for the ATF to examine.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe every Pennsylvanian with an FFL signed away all his Constitutional rights. But if the deputy uncovers evidence of a crime, pursuant to a warrantless search, without explicit informed consent, I don't see a conviction being upheld.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

What Gunlawyer said. I was visited by aft a month ago. The compliance inspector was spot on. Decent guy, no obvious political agenda and throughly professional.

That said, I*m a gunsmith not a retail gun seller. I sell very few firearms. Nevertheless, the inspector was in my shop for about three and a half hours. He inspected the premises, my bound book and my gunsmith log.

I*m hoping this doesn*t spread to Bucks county where I am located. The Bucks sheriff is a democrat but seems to be a decent guy, no messing around the few times I*ve dealt with him.

Doesn*t appear to be a political hack pandering to his donors like the Montco shitstain. Even though my federal inspector was issue free, it*s still 3.5 hours I won*t get back. I*ve never heard of a county inspection before this and think it*s nothing more than pandering/pressuring being born on the backs of ffl*s trying to make a living.

I*ll refuse if it comes to Bucks until they produce a warrant. Then I*ll have to pester Phil to convince him to provide counsel. What a pita I don*t need on a razor thin margin.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    What Gunlawyer said. I was visited by aft a month ago. The compliance inspector was spot on. Decent guy, no obvious political agenda and throughly professional.

That said, I*m a gunsmith not a retail gun seller. I sell very few firearms. Nevertheless, the inspector was in my shop for about three and a half hours. He inspected the premises, my bound book and my gunsmith log.

I*m hoping this doesn*t spread to Bucks county where I am located. The Bucks sheriff is a democrat but seems to be a decent guy, no messing around the few times I*ve dealt with him.

Doesn*t appear to be a political hack pandering to his donors like the Montco shitstain. Even though my federal inspector was issue free, it*s still 3.5 hours I won*t get back. I*ve never heard of a county inspection before this and think it*s nothing more than pandering/pressuring being born on the backs of ffl*s trying to make a living.

I*ll refuse if it comes to Bucks until they produce a warrant. Then I*ll have to pester Phil to convince him to provide counsel. What a pita I don*t need on a razor thin margin.
    I suspect that that is what they are hoping to instill into the minds of all ffls. But what they don't understand is that the hoodlums don't use ffls.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast