Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Devin Weedon Murder

On the morning of March 28, 2023, Devin Weedon, a 15-year-old student at Simon Gratz Mastery Charter School in Philadelphia, was murdered as he walked to school.

Philadelphia police characterize the incident as an attempted robbery.

See: https://6abc.com/devin-weedon-murder...shot/13044443/

See also: https://delawarevalleynews.com/2023/...-devin-weedon/

Although video surveillance footage and detailed descriptions of what the four suspects were wearing have been circulated, and although a $30,000 reward has been offered, no arrests have been made in the case.

Black Clergy of Philadelphia and Vicinity is demanding more action in the wake of Weedon's death.

See: https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia...-black-clergy/

Predictably, some of those voices are being raised in support of gun control.

In fact, one of the state representatives who supports the four gun control bills currently awaiting final consideration in the PA House cited Weedon's killing as an impetus for supporting the gun control legislation.

See Rep. Roni Green here:

https://youtu.be/ir8g0OcvGJc

Getting back to the suspects, two important details stick out. One suspect looks to have a cast on his left wrist/forearm. Another suspect was wearing a "Paradox" hoodie.

I contacted the Philadelphia PD to inquire whether their detectives contacted the Paradox hoodie manufacturer and tried to cross-match that type of hoodie (color of lettering/design) with credit card transactions from the general location of Simon Gratz High School. I was told that they probably had explored that avenue without any confirmation.

The Philadelphia PD officer basically stonewalled me.

Undaunted, I found the "Paradox" manufacturer's contact information and e-mailed Paradox to ask whether Philly PD had tried to match credit card transactions to the suspect.

Paradox never emailed me back.

It is simply unacceptable that no straight answers can be gleaned (either from Philly PD or Paradox) and that no one has come forward to identify any of the four suspects when descriptive video evidence exists.
    Last edited by Spirit of 76; May 13th, 2023 at 11:21 AM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Devin Weedon Murder

Because they don't care about the victims, on!y the gun control narrative

(Chester County)

Yeah but the robbery by local thugs was mostly non violent so they should be left alone because they were just trying to get some money for drugs and would be racist to arrest those young thugs. The only reason people want them arrested is because it's white supremacy.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Yeah but the robbery by local thugs was mostly non violent so they should be left alone because they were just trying to get some money for drugs and would be racist to arrest those young thugs. The only reason people want them arrested is because it's white supremacy.
    I chuckled for a second, but then I realized how spot on your sarcasm is. Your tag line says it all!

(Lehigh County)

This one didn't go far enough Man wanted in Scranton murder arrested in Catskill

https://midhudsonnews.com/2023/05/13...in-catskill-2/

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    This one didn't go far enough Man wanted in Scranton murder arrested in Catskill

https://midhudsonnews.com/2023/05/13...in-catskill-2/
    Not only was Lanzo arrested in Catskill, but also three others were arrested in the killing earlier in May.

Look at the photos in the article.

https://www.pahomepage.com/news/crim...ew-york-2/amp/

Aren't they Lil' Darlin's?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    Not only was Lanzo arrested in Catskill, but also three others were arrested in the killing earlier in May.

Look at the photos in the article.

https://www.pahomepage.com/news/crim...ew-york-2/amp/

Aren't they Lil' Darlin's?
    Choir boys 😇

I contacted the Philadelphia PD to inquire whether their detectives contacted the Paradox hoodie manufacturer and tried to cross-match that type of hoodie (color of lettering/design) with credit card transactions from the general location of Simon Gratz High School. I was told that they probably had explored that avenue without any confirmation.

The Philadelphia PD officer basically stonewalled me.

Undaunted, I found the "Paradox" manufacturer's contact information and e-mailed Paradox to ask whether Philly PD had tried to match credit card transactions to the suspect.

Paradox never emailed me back.

It is simply unacceptable that no straight answers can be gleaned (either from Philly PD or Paradox) and that no one has come forward to identify any of the four suspects when descriptive video evidence exists.
    While your efforts are commendable, you're *just* a concerned citizen. The cops will answer "open investigation" and Paradox's lawyers "say nothing to nobody".

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    While your efforts are commendable, you're *just* a concerned citizen. The cops will answer "open investigation" and Paradox's lawyers "say nothing to nobody".
    At this point, I have to wonder whether Philly PD is competent enough to conduct a thorough investigation.

Moreover, what kind of a community keeps silent about these alleged murderers? Someone knows who these alleged thugs are.

Moreover, what kind of a community keeps silent about these alleged murderers? Someone knows who these alleged thugs are.
    If you lived in a community where the "Justice system" failed to prosecute and often released the guilty on very low bail terms, you'd keep your mouth sealed as well for fear of retaliation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast