Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Springfield Prodigy?

Hey Guys,

My step son picked up a used Prodigy at Tanners for $1200*. After playing with it*. I am really impressed*. It has the nicest slide to fame fit, I have ever seen in 1911*. And feels like it runs on ball bearings, and is natural, and very nice in my hand! I know it uses MIM parts* which really isn*t An issue, Other then I know it uses MIM parts*.. and EGW*s ignition kit is just over a hundred bucks*. I am unsure if I want the 4.25* or 5**. But have read that the 5* has reliability issues*.. it is a fair amount of coin
    For what will be mostly a range toy*. Will likely have to sell a couple of guns to pick one up*.

Does anyone have first hand experience with them?

Thanks!
    Fred
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Springfield Prodigy?

Check out 10-8 Performance on Youtube...Hilton Yam gives some good reviews..

Some issues with recoil springs and other minor stuff....

(Montgomery County)

I just picked one up a couple weeks ago, but haven't been to the range yet. One thing I can tell you is it will either be picky with ammo or require new springs. I tried to load it with Federal HSTs to no avail. The rounds got stuck on the feed ramp. If you're just using range ammo, it may be fine.

Eta: I bought the 4.25" as I was planning on carrying it.

(Bucks County)

I found one at the bunker*. The owner was willing to horse trade*. And she came home with me*. It is the 5* with the lightened slide*. Ran ball ammo without a hiccup! I did find while shooting high thumbs* I was streching for the trigger*. So ordered a short trigger for it*.. and will likely order an EGW ignition kit when they are in stock*. Just *cause! I am definitely going to add a dot sight* would love to use the included plate, but I*m not crazy about sights with that footprint*. So will likely add a liberty or a justice!

Not a horrible group at 15 yards*. Been having a hard time focusing on my front sight (old eyes) I bet the dot will improve things greatly!

*top *group* is from my hellion at 25 yards*.. old eyes no issue!

A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Bucks County)

I was leaning toward the 4.25*. But I have a feeling I will eventually buy them both, But not till my savings account recovers*.. I would carry the 4.25*, just because it is so damn cool! I did pick up a used Marsoc safariland 6004 of eBay. Just in case I feel the need to parade around my house with the 5 inch, like Han Solo!
    Last edited by 1096369fred; May 13th, 2023 at 11:03 AM.