Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Question AR Stock Opinions? B5 SOPMOD, Magpul STR, VLTOR IMOD?

Looking to upgrade the basic mil-spec Magpul stock on my 16" AR. Looking for something with a QD attachment. Like the idea of a bit more cheek space. A battery compartment isn't make or break but does seem like a useful feature. Leaning towards the Magpul one for overall price v. features. Are there any other brands/styles I should be looking at? ALso, I have a beard and like the idea of a more hidden/subtle adjustment latch so I don't catch the beard on it.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: AR Stock Opinions? B5 SOPMOD, Magpul STR, VLTOR IMOD?

I just saw this in an email. It looks good for the price. For $39, I might just pick one up myself.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-coll...-rest-caa.html

Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Lackawanna County)

Everything I build gets the b5 sop mod at this point.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I just saw this in an email. It looks good for the price. For $39, I might just pick one up myself.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-coll...-rest-caa.html

I wouldn't want that monstrosity anywhere near my face. Also the right side is full of bullshit. If you need to swap to your left shoulder, good luck.

The winner for me is the Magpul SL stock. A bit beefier than the Magpul CTR and has an absolutely solid lockup. No rattle at all. The B5 SOPMOD is almost as good.

If you can't stomach the price, it's hard to go wrong with the Magpul CTR. It's a classic at this point and cheap to boot.
    F*#K THE ATF

Quote Originally Posted by KPShooting View Post
    I wouldn't want that monstrosity anywhere near my face. Also the right side is full of bullshit. If you need to swap to your left shoulder, good luck.

The winner for me is the Magpul SL stock. A bit beefier than the Magpul CTR and has an absolutely solid lockup. No rattle at all. The B5 SOPMOD is almost as good.

If you can't stomach the price, it's hard to go wrong with the Magpul CTR. It's a classic at this point and cheap to boot.
    I'll second the Magpul SL stock. It's the perfect balance between the CTR and the wider STR. Mrs Ronin also likes the SL, but had problems getting a good cheek weld. To the point that she couldn't see through her optic no matter how the stock or optic mount were configured. She ended up going back to the CTR stock on her BRN-180. Something to consider with any stock you're looking at. Try to test each, if you can, before you buy.

(Allegheny County)

(Delaware County)

SBA-3, because...

CONSTITUTION MOTHER#$%^ER!