Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Flip the house-Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 163 May 16th

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    A Yahoo article breaks down the registered voter numbers in the 163rd HD.
    https://news.yahoo.com/voting-majori...035900883.html

Democrats hold a clear advantage in registered voters, 22,850 to 14,754, according to the state's latest registration data. There are an additional 5,596 voters who are either third-party members or non-party affiliates.

Latest numbers in the 163rd from th NY Times:

Latest results from 9m ago
    >95% OF VOTES IN
    race called.
    Candidate Party Votes PercentPct.
    Heather Boyd
    Dem. 9,227 +59.8%59.8%
    Katie Ford
    Rep. 6,005 +38.9%38.9
    Alfe Goodwin
    Lib. 191 +1.2%1.2
    Total reported

If 67% (i.e., 2/3) of Repubs voted, that equates to 9,885 votes. However, 6,005/14,754 = 40.70% turnout.

Dem turnout was 9,227/22,850 = 40.38%, slightly less than the Republican turnout. However, in lopsided districts, to surmount the voter registration advantage, the Repubs cannot just match the Dems. They must outperform by 25-27 percentage points in turnout to assure victory.
    Upper Darby use to be a Republican stronghold. They would routinely get presidents, vice presidents, president hopefuls, and federal legislators visiting the area because of the political clout that voting g base brought the area. Especially with it being just outside Philadelphia.

Because of a few things it was uniqie at the time with maybe Orange County California being comparable.

I think the beginning of the end was the Clinton pesidency in the 90s. Over the next two decades upper darby swing more and more Democrat until the point today where registration numbers have basically reversed from where they were in 90.

It will not swing back during my lifetime.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Flip the house-Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 163 May 16th

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Upper Darby use to be a Republican stronghold. They would routinely get presidents, vice presidents, president hopefuls, and federal legislators visiting the area because of the political clout that voting g base brought the area. Especially with it being just outside Philadelphia.

Because of a few things it was uniqie at the time with maybe Orange County California being comparable.

I think the beginning of the end was the Clinton pesidency in the 90s. Over the next two decades upper darby swing more and more Democrat until the point today where registration numbers have basically reversed from where they were in 90.

It will not swing back during my lifetime.
    The beginning of the end was the helicopter crash that killed John Heinz.

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I think the beginning of the end was when the Clinton Administration sued to bring HUD and section 8 housing to the area. Section 8 bring lower income families into an area. Lower income families lean democrat because of benefits they champion. Section 8 scares a lot of people so they move. 20 plus years of this has led to the switch in political power.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    I think the beginning of the end was when the Clinton Administration sued to bring HUD and section 8 housing to the area. Section 8 bring lower income families into an area. Lower income families lean democrat because of benefits they champion. Section 8 scares a lot of people so they move. 20 plus years of this has led to the switch in political power.
    ....as they knew it would from the start.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Upper dump are mostly renters/section 8. I'll bet 1/3 or more of the school kids live in philly.
    FJB

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I think Ridley may be the last Republican stronghold in Delco.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234