Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default SKS Letter edition

Anyone have any idea what an Russian SKS K letter (1958) referb all numbers match, with import stamp. in very good condition, looks like very few rounds thru it, would be worth? I have one on the hook, just dont know what to pay. Thanks for any info.
    DEEDS NOT WORDS..GFY!!

Default Re: SKS Letter edition

With prices today if it's 800 or less grab and run I've seen them around 1200 though

geeze I paid less than 4 bennies and felt the chafe from that back in the day
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    geeze I paid less than 4 bennies and felt the chafe from that back in the day
    I know. Back when I bought my (now departed) Yugo for $119, the average Russian was selling for $400.
    My, how times have changed.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    With prices today if it's 800 or less grab and run I've seen them around 1200 though
    I concur. Many will say it's too much. Right. The prices were too high at $100, $200, $400, and $600. Now we wish for those prices.

Would a refurb bring $1200? I'm not sure about that, but there's one guarantee: they will not be getting any cheaper.

I got one for 65.00 and still have it. Also got a chinese polytech double folder for under 100.00 Had to sell that though.
    FJB

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I got one for 65.00 and still have it. Also got a chinese polytech double folder for under 100.00 Had to sell that though.
    I think this particular discussion centers around prices at least in this century...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I think this particular discussion centers around prices at least in this century...

LOL!
    I guess I won't post about the Norinco that my step dad bought that came with a case of x39 in a wooden crate all for $99 (I think)

Crazy how the market was flooded with them and kids these days don't even know what "milsurp" MEANS, having never seen dozens of them on a rack.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    LOL!
    I guess I won't post about the Norinco that my step dad bought that came with a case of x39 in a wooden crate all for $99 (I think)

Crazy how the market was flooded with them and kids these days don't even know what "milsurp" MEANS, having never seen dozens of them on a rack.
    I used to like you...

But it's crazy. I got into guns later in life and like 10 years ago people said I was crazy to buy a MAK 90 for $500, a TGI AMD 65 for $600, and a Russian SKS for $250, as examples.

And when I found a 'deal' on ammo for under $250/case, everyone screamed it was highway robbery.

(Berks County)

I have a matching 1954 Tula SKS I bought at Richland Shooters Supply in 1993 for 125.00 , it's not leaving my possession until I'm dead....it's got a beautiful deep red stock ...

To this day I still kick myself for not buying a 9mm Uzi carbine with a wooden stock at the Lebanon Gun show the day before the blizzard of '96 hit ...it was 275.00 , I said I'll think about it and come back tomorrow...needless to say fate had other plans ...

The good ole days of Milsurp ...
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult