Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: S&W Shield Plus

(Lancaster County)

Default S&W Shield Plus

I believe there was a previous thread about them but I could not locate it.

I just got one from a member here (thanks Sean!) and have shot about 100 rounds of seven different types of ammo through it with no problems. This gun is very accurate. I was hitting a steel target (approx. 15"x18") at 30 yards with ease, even fairly rapid fire.

I had one of the first Shields when they came out and while it was very easy to carry, I didn't shoot it well. Or maybe it was just not very accurate, not sure which. The only reason I decided to take a chance on this was a friend kept extolling the virtues of his, saying how accurate his was. The 2.0 versions of the M&P's have a new trigger and I guess that could be the reason.

Anyway, I would strongly recommend the Shield Plus based on my experience and that of my pal. A bonus is that the regular Shield holsters seem to fit the Plus version too.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: S&W Shield Plus

Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    I believe there was a previous thread about them but I could not locate it.

I just got one from a member here (thanks Sean!) and have shot about 100 rounds of seven different types of ammo through it with no problems. This gun is very accurate. I was hitting a steel target (approx. 15"x18") at 30 yards with ease, even fairly rapid fire.

I had one of the first Shields when they came out and while it was very easy to carry, I didn't shoot it well. Or maybe it was just not very accurate, not sure which. The only reason I decided to take a chance on this was a friend kept extolling the virtues of his, saying how accurate his was. The 2.0 versions of the M&P's have a new trigger and I guess that could be the reason.

Anyway, I would strongly recommend the Shield Plus based on my experience and that of my pal. A bonus is that the regular Shield holsters seem to fit the Plus version too.
    I had the exact same experience when I upgraded. It's probably the trigger and the slightly thicker, more textured grip giving you better accuracy. The trigger on the Shield 1.0 s u c k e d.

As for holster compatibility - just watch out for the mag release. Shield Plus has a taller mag release so if you have an old Shield 1.0 holster that covers the mag release button be very careful. I had a Shield 1.0 holster that I really liked but couldn't use it because of this.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for the heads up. I got a Tulster holster with the purchase and it's good to go. I still had an original Klipt kydex holster before they went to the plastic stuff and it's also good.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks Ronin, I guess my search-fu just sucks.

(York County)

My wife and I both have 2.0 Shields as our EDC.

Good solid gun. Great? No. But a fine all-around performer.

I've got some 'great' guns. But they tend to be 'great' at some things, while "meh" at others. Example: I love and adore my VP9: Accurate, blissful trigger, etc. But it's not exactly compact, and don't feed it steel-case ammo.

I think the Shield 2.0 is a solid performer: Good at everything. Terrible at nothing.
    DGAF

(Lehigh County)

Even though I need another gun like I need a hole in the head I picked one up a few months ago because they were on sale with an additional $50 rebate. I like it. The trigger feels a little gritty but breaks nice at about 4.8 pounds on my Wheeler gauge.
    NRA Life Member