Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did not realize Walmart had become this anti gun friendly

Article on Breitbart today about Walmart videoing it’s gun sales. That was not surprising to me. Some of the other stuff is. I am posting it in National because of the part about their CEO trying to convince Congress to pass gun control laws.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...in-its-stores/

Some highlights from the article

On the “Responsible Firearm Sales” page, Walmart says, in part:

In 2018, we made the decision to raise the minimum age to purchase firearms and ammunition in our stores to 21 years of age. In years prior, we ended sales of modern sporting rifles, including the AR-15. Most recently, in September 2019, we decided to no longer sell the ammunition that can be used in large capacity magazines on military-style weapons, which we do not sell. We also made a complete exit from handgun sales. We will focus our assortment of ammunition on the firearms we do carry.

Although they do not mention it, Walmart banned opened carry of handguns for self-defense in their stores in September 2022.

CNBC reported that Walmart would continue to allow permitted concealed carry inside its stores but would post signs announcing an end to open carry, even in states where open carry is legal.

Moreover, at the time the company banned open carry for self-defense, Walmart CEO Doug McMillon asked Congress to pass more gun control.

McMillon said that after talking to people “inside and outside of [Walmart]” the company has also decided to send “letters to the White House” to ask for “common sense measures” on firearms.

He said, “Congress and the administration should act.”

The “Responsible Firearm Sales” page says: “Additionally, we require that customers pass a background check, despite federal law allowing firearms to be sold after a three-day waiting period even if approval isn’t received. We also videotape the point of sale for firearms and only allow certain trained associate to sell firearms.”

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Did not realize Walmart had become this anti gun

Unfortunately, we're video recorded most places we go now.

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    Unfortunately, we're video recorded most places we go now.
    In the article, a former special council to the senate suggested a link between the video recordings and a future gun registry. Not sure how the video is more inclined to be linked to a gun registry than the FFL books that the ATF can look at an photograph any time.

(Montgomery County)

Everyone on here knows Walmart is anti-2A, they just won't boycott it for some reason.

(Bradford County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Everyone on here knows Walmart is anti-2A, they just won't boycott it for some reason.
    Because for many in very rural areas, there isn't anything else left unless you (1) drive an hour+ 1 way or (2) order online from somewhere equally (or more) anti-2A.

Walmart has done their job well and in most rural areas completely or nearly has eliminated all of the competition.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Chester County)

They'd rather serve looters than working Americans.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

I had to look at the post date because this is old news that I assumed everyone was aware of.

Yes, a leftist POS runs the company. He wants your guns banned and is lobbying Washington to do so.

Edit: Breitbart must not be able to find anything worth writing about to put up that lame assed filler piece.
    I never click their links because it's the shittiest, most embarrassing website for conservatives to be associated with, but I clicked thinking maybe there was something new going on with Walmart that I was unaware of.
    Now I'm mad I clicked on that trashhole site.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Default Re: Did not realize Walmart had become this anti gun friendly

Firearms and Ammunition Guidelines
    Walmart has a long heritage as a company of serving hunters and sportsmen and women. Our focus has always been to do so responsibly, including taking many measures that go beyond what*s required by law.

Where We Sell Firearms and Ammunition
    Walmart sells firearms in approximately half of our U.S. supercenter stores. While we are not the largest volume firearms seller in the United States, we do serve many areas of the country where there is a concentration of hunters and sportsmen/women.

Items We Sell
    Walmart sells long guns for hunting and sport shooting, including shotguns, single-shot hunting rifles and light sporting rifles, as well as BB and pellet guns.

Items We Don*t Sell
    Walmart does not sell military-style rifles, such as the AR-15, or any type of AR-15 accessory, including bump stocks and high-capacity magazines. These items are also listed on our prohibited items list for online marketplace sellers. We have a process to monitor our eCommerce marketplace and help ensure our policies are applied.

As of September 2019, we have discontinued the sale of:
    - handguns, which were previously sold only in our Alaska stores
    - ammunition for handguns
    - ammunition for short-barrel rifles such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large-capacity clips on military-style weapons
    - ammunition like the .300 Blackout, 7.62x.39 and .224 Valkyrie

Who Can Buy Firearms and Ammunition at Walmart
    In February 2018, we announced our decision to sell firearms and ammunition only to individuals who are 21 and older.

Walmart only sells a firearm after receiving a *green light* on a background check. This goes beyond federal law, which only requires the absence of a *red light* after a three-business day waiting period. We require a *green light,* regardless of the time period.

Selling Firearms Responsibly
    Walmart takes steps above and beyond what is required by law to sell firearms in a responsible way, including:
    - videotaping the point of sale for firearms;
    - allowing only select associates who have passed a criminal background check to sell firearms;
    - conducting regular associate training;
    - performing inventory audits; and
    - securing firearms in a locking case, among other important measures.

Walmart associates who are authorized to sell firearms are specifically trained on all firearm policies and procedures. Associates who fail to follow the policies and procedures are subject to discipline, up to and including termination.

Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety.

We have committed to work alongside other retailers to make the overall industry safer, including sharing our own best practices. This system navigates tens of millions of possible combinations of federal, state and local laws, regulations and licensing requirements that come into effect based on where a firearm is sold and who is purchasing. We hope that freely sharing this information will help more retailers sell firearms in a responsible, compliant manner.

Open Carry of Firearms
    Motivated by our desire to create a safe environment in our stores and clubs, we request that customers no longer openly carry firearms into Walmart or Sam*s Club locations in states where open carry is permitted * unless they are authorized law enforcement. As of September 2019, we are working to create and display new signage to help communicate this policy.

We will continue to follow state and local laws regarding concealed carry permit holders.

Last updated: September 3, 2019
    https://corporate.walmart.com/policies

Partnering with Everytown for Gun Safety to lobby against our rights using our own money is the most insulting, un-American thing a company can do.

Walmart is very eager to boast about how they go above and beyond what is required by law to step on our rights and unnecessarily restrict what is available to law-abiding citizens and how they can protect themselves while catering to law-enforcement as a special class of people.

I have implemented a total boycott of Walmart ever since this policy change was rolled out. The total boycott can be tough sometimes, but it is worth it.

Walmart is actively trying to put peaceable Americans in prison by funding an organization devoted to criminalizing the free exercise of our rights. Totally unacceptable.
    Last edited by buckengr; April 25th, 2023 at 11:24 PM.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I had to look at the post date because this is old news that I assumed everyone was aware of.

Yes, a leftist POS runs the company. He wants your guns banned and is lobbying Washington to do so.

Edit: Breitbart must not be able to find anything worth writing about to put up that lame assed filler piece.
    I never click their links because it's the shittiest, most embarrassing website for conservatives to be associated with, but I clicked thinking maybe there was something new going on with Walmart that I was unaware of.
    Now I'm mad I clicked on that trashhole site.
    I'm banned from Breitbart. They don't like being called out for writing BS. Andrew Breitbart would hate what his publication has become.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I stopped shopping there when they stopped selling ammo. That was the breaking point for me..
    Street scriptures for lost souls, in the crossroads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast