Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mike Pence lays out his 4 step plan to stop mass shootings

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ass-shootings/

The four-step plan from the former Vice President starts with ending the “Defund the Police”. Movement in the country. Secondly, he said that there is no reason why every school in America does not have an armed resource officer to protect children and that the United States should ensure that every school has one. Thirdly, he said he believes that the appeals process for death penalty sentences for convicted mass shooters should be sped up so as to deliver that justice much more swiftly—and fourthly, Pence said it is time for the U.S. to reinvest in institutional mental health.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Mike Pence lays out his 4 step plan to stop mass shootings

No argument from me but he won't win the primary.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Delaware County)

All good ideas. Nothing we haven't said on PAFOA.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Armed resource officers are just bigger govt.

Let the staff be armed, if they want.

They're going to be there anyway, they have other duties, they won't get bored, it won't cost the taxpayers many thousands of dollars extra. Maybe 5 out of 25,000 schools will be attacked in any year, possibly more if the trannies are acting up. That Parkland school had an armed resource officer, he hid outside & listened to the shooting; he knew the odds were that he'd never have to act, he was like a rental parachute that turns out to be made of paper when you need it. A gym teacher inside with a gun would have been powerfully motivated to save himself and his students.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

They're going to be there anyway, they have other duties, they won't get bored, it won't cost the taxpayers many thousands of dollars extra. Maybe 5 out of 25,000 schools will be attacked in any year, possibly more if the trannies are acting up. That Parkland school had an armed resource officer, he hid outside & listened to the shooting; he knew the odds were that he'd never have to act, he was like a rental parachute that turns out to be made of paper when you need it. A gym teacher inside with a gun would have been powerfully motivated to save himself and his students.
    Especially if it was Ms Bernicker, the girls gym teacher from my old HS. Actually, she wouldn't even need a gun, she could crush the life out of the perp with a thigh lock.

p.s. "Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, teach gym." - So said my friend's dad who was a gym teacher. He also famously said, "I tried running once, but my beer kept foaming up." I stole that line and have been using it now for over 40 years!
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

Re-institute Hue & Cry and Posse Comitatus, as coded statutes, if law enforcement or armed security isn't allowed or is ineffective. Force people to arm themselves and go after the perp - with failure to do so punishable as accessories to the criminal act. Punish cowardice as an accessory as well. Certain exceptions for those physically unable to perform the duty.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

FMP
    FJB

(Lehigh County)

None of those things will end mass shootings. It's a culture problem above all else.

The people who carry out these massacres are overgrown children having temper tantrums and crying out for attention, the only way they KNOW they'll get it, on a national (and sometimes international) scale.

You want mass shootings to stop? That's easy, everyone just has to stop paying attention to them beyond the minimum (LOCAL) attention required to swiftly capture and punish the perpetrator(s). News of shootings shouldn't be newsworthy beyond the local county or at most, state.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Northampton County)

1. Zero impact. First, he doesn't seem to know what the term means. Second, if the police could magically teleport to any shooting and stop it virtually no one would feel the need to carry. Active shooter? Snap my fingers and PRESTO.

2. I agree with him 100%. However, logistically, it will never happen. The feds don't have the authority to institute it, private schools could opt out, etc.

3. Again, zero impact. The vast majority of these shooters go in intent on dying, so if the idea is that this will serve as some sort of deterrent, it won't. I am 100% on board with swift execution of a death sentence, but primarily just because I'm a pragmatist and see no point in wasting tax dollars / public resources on people that are beyond rehabilitation.

4. Empty talk in an attempt to pander to the voters. State/county run institutions have always been wildly ineffective as they just lock people up and throw away the key until some arbitrary amount of time passes or the funding to keep that person in runs out. The facilities that actually attempt to treat the patient are privately run and considerably more expensive. No taxpayer is going to want to foot the bill for a private facility where the average cost of care is $109,000 per month per person. Statistically, approximately 1/3 of the homeless population is believed to have a serious mental illness. There were an estimated 582,000 homeless people in the US in 2022, which means approximately 192,060 are believed to be suffering from mental illness. If we treated those people for 1 month in a private mental health facility the cost would be ~$21 billion - and clearly the vast majority would need a stay that is considerably longer in order to determine how best to get their mental illness under control. Then we have the other 66.2 million people in the US that are said to be suffering from some type of mental illness (1/5 of our population). Cost aside, how does he plan to get these people evaluated to begin with? Most people aren't walking into the nearest hospital to announce their depression let alone their plans to go on a killing spree.

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    None of those things will end mass shootings. It's a culture problem above all else.

The people who carry out these massacres are overgrown children having temper tantrums and crying out for attention, the only way they KNOW they'll get it, on a national (and sometimes international) scale.

You want mass shootings to stop? That's easy, everyone just has to stop paying attention to them beyond the minimum (LOCAL) attention required to swiftly capture and punish the perpetrator(s). News of shootings shouldn't be newsworthy beyond the local county or at most, state.
    Disagree. There needs to be a NEGATIVE outcome from the perspective of the shooter.

They want to die and be remembered as fearsome terminators.

What we need to do is publish the story of some goof storming into the school, tripping on his own tactical trousers, and being shot dead by an armed lunch lady, who drew her Glock 26 just a moment before the math teacher jumped into the hallway with his S&W snubby.

The would-be terrorist will be a laughing stock, remembered for eternity as a loser who died for nothing. THAT will discourage these clowns. Not the threat of punishment, because they plan to die. Not moral qualms, they don't care. Not raising the taxes on guns or ammo, they'll just put it all on their credit card or borrow the money or steal from grandma.

Understand their motives, and flip it on them. They don't want to die as failures, they want a body count, they want to be Evil Dirty Harry, or at least Jason Voorhees. Not Elmer Fudd.

Doesn't even have to be true, as long as everyone THINKS it's true, a policy that the Left has used for decades just for political power, so we might as well use it to save lives.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast