Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: Medical Marijuana Card Holders

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    They're not the same branches of government. In a lot of cases they know nothing about each other.

Allegedly intelligence agencies bring in drugs or allow them to be smuggled in. The French were doing it with Heroin during the 1950s to fund clandestine groups near Laos. The CIA allegedly were working with organized criminals who smuggled in heroin from SE Asia while the Agency were working in Latin America, especially Cuba and in Indonesia. The CIA was working with both native and Nationalist Chinese in Burma and Northern Laos who grew opium. The dope went out, the weapons and supplies went in.

The secret war in Laos and East Cambodia was very expensive. The PAVN (Peoples Army of Vietnam) took over parts of those countries. Money buys a lot of stuff to conduct wars.

Later CIA contractors were allegedly working to import cocaine to fund operations in the 1980s. Bill Clinton's buddy Dan Lassiter was working with CIA contractors while other contractors were training air supply crews and ground crews north of Mena Arkansas. Clinton denied any direct involvement. He wanted to be President, so he played ball with Ronald Reagan and George H Bush. While some suspect that Bush Sr was dirty it was probably his kids. They are a rowdy bunch. Reagan was insulated by his staff.

Everyone wanted to blunt Cuban influence in Central America. The Cubans did most of the heavy lifting in Nicaragua. The US government planned to stop that and did stop that.

There are all sorts of fantastic rumors about CIA drug trafficking. Most of the time they are probably not managers but ground workers taking advantage of "need to know". Agency people are under scrutiny for expenses that they cannot afford. This is out of a fear that they're spies. If they're drug dealers, that is also handled, because being in a crooked business makes you vulnerable to extortion.

Law enforcement catches people who sell some drugs or who are caught with some drugs.

OSHA will give you a single shot at rehab.

The department of corrections puts you in a human warehouse if you're found guilty of "criminal drug use", but more likely distribution.

Physicians are licensed entities but are not government employees.

But they are government.
    FJB

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    Maybe you should get a job that isn't shitty. Try lawyerin or bankin.
    I wish I could. Due to poor decisions, missed opportunities and lack of career motivation, I have to deal with what I have for the next few years until i.can retire from my employment hell.
    The Hostler

(Bucks County)

From the WSJ

Cannabis Is Linked to Mental Illness
    A major new study shows that people who abuse the drug are more likely to be diagnosed with depression and bipolar disorder.

By Susan Pinker
    July 6, 2023 9:57 am ET

Psychologist Susan Pinker explores new discoveries in the science of human nature.

There was a new smell to New York City on my first visit since the pandemic. The New York I remember from 2018 was scented with subway fumes, car exhaust and pretzels. Now the air was a heady blend of forest fire, car exhaust and cannabis.

Recreational marijuana was legalized in the state of New York in 2021. But even if cannabis is easy and legal to buy in 23 states and all of Canada, the risks of chronic use aren’t talked about much.

Several studies have shown that chronic cannabis use is linked to a higher incidence of schizophrenia among men in their early 20s, the age when the disease is usually diagnosed. The first paper on the topic, a Swedish study published in 1997, found that heavy cannabis use was associated with a sixfold increase in schizophrenia risk. In the decades since, social scientists have unearthed a strong link between heavy cannabis use and other severe psychological illnesses, including clinical depression and bipolar disorder.

Now a new longitudinal study has examined the medical records of all citizens of Denmark over the age of 16, some 6.5 million people in all, for patterns of diagnosis, hospitalization and treatment for substance use between 1995 and 2021. In the paper, published in the journal JAMA Psychiatry in May, Dr. Oskar Hougaard Jefsen of Aarhus University and colleagues showed that people who had previously been diagnosed with cannabis use disorder were almost twice as likely to be diagnosed later with clinical depression. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, cannabis use disorder is characterized by craving marijuana, using it more often than intended, spending a lot of time using it, and having it interfere with friends, family and work.

Even more dramatically, the paper also found that people with cannabis use disorder were up to four times as likely to be diagnosed later with bipolar disorder with psychotic symptoms. As is true of many psychological disorders, the increased risk was higher in men than in women, and the more a person consumed, the greater the risk. The study did not distinguish between different forms and concentrations of cannabis.

Though the association was strong, the authors note that they can’t say for certain whether chronic and heavy cannabis use induces psychosis, or whether people prone to mental illness are more likely to be heavy users.

Story continues at https://www.wsj.com/articles/cannabi...hare_permalink

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by tlnzz1 View Post
    Nothing is ever cleared from Government records. It may go to inactive status, but it will always be there if they want to use it against you. I once worked with a guy that filed an age discrimination complaint with the government against a gov first tier supplier. At his one hearing the gov person brought up things documented in gov files that had happened to him a few decades earlier that he had forgotten about long ago.
    I wish the govt could find my fucking DD-214.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by wew3 View Post
    From the WSJ

Cannabis Is Linked to Mental Illness
    A major new study shows that people who abuse the drug are more likely to be diagnosed with depression and bipolar disorder.

By Susan Pinker
    July 6, 2023 9:57 am ET

Psychologist Susan Pinker explores new discoveries in the science of human nature.

There was a new smell to New York City on my first visit since the pandemic. The New York I remember from 2018 was scented with subway fumes, car exhaust and pretzels. Now the air was a heady blend of forest fire, car exhaust and cannabis.

Recreational marijuana was legalized in the state of New York in 2021. But even if cannabis is easy and legal to buy in 23 states and all of Canada, the risks of chronic use aren*t talked about much.

Several studies have shown that chronic cannabis use is linked to a higher incidence of schizophrenia among men in their early 20s, the age when the disease is usually diagnosed. The first paper on the topic, a Swedish study published in 1997, found that heavy cannabis use was associated with a sixfold increase in schizophrenia risk. In the decades since, social scientists have unearthed a strong link between heavy cannabis use and other severe psychological illnesses, including clinical depression and bipolar disorder.

Now a new longitudinal study has examined the medical records of all citizens of Denmark over the age of 16, some 6.5 million people in all, for patterns of diagnosis, hospitalization and treatment for substance use between 1995 and 2021. In the paper, published in the journal JAMA Psychiatry in May, Dr. Oskar Hougaard Jefsen of Aarhus University and colleagues showed that people who had previously been diagnosed with cannabis use disorder were almost twice as likely to be diagnosed later with clinical depression. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, cannabis use disorder is characterized by craving marijuana, using it more often than intended, spending a lot of time using it, and having it interfere with friends, family and work.

Even more dramatically, the paper also found that people with cannabis use disorder were up to four times as likely to be diagnosed later with bipolar disorder with psychotic symptoms. As is true of many psychological disorders, the increased risk was higher in men than in women, and the more a person consumed, the greater the risk. The study did not distinguish between different forms and concentrations of cannabis.

Though the association was strong, the authors note that they can*t say for certain whether chronic and heavy cannabis use induces psychosis, or whether people prone to mental illness are more likely to be heavy users.

Story continues at https://www.wsj.com/articles/cannabi...hare_permalink
    "Cannabis use disorder." lol The reality is that this is simply a lack of self-control, but some far left a**hole came up with a "disorder" for it because f**k personal responsibility.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Your congressman will help if you ask they/them.
    NRA Life Member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    This was in my state rep's newsletter:

Attention Veterans: DMVA Helps Locate Lost Military Documents
    The Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) is reminding veterans it can help locate their lost DD Form 214 (DD-214) and other military documents so they can get credit for time served and receive important benefits they have earned.

The DD-214 contains information needed to verify military service for benefits, retirement, employment and membership in veterans’ organizations. Without this key document, there could be significant delays when a veteran seeks benefits earned through their service to our nation.

The DMVA can also assist with locating the DD-215, which is used to correct errors or make additions to a DD-214, helping to assure that veterans have accurate discharge documentation.

Anyone needing assistance from the DMVA to locate their DD-214/215, or other military documentation, can call toll-free 1-800-547-2838 or e-mail RA-REQ@pa.gov. More information about locating military documents can be found by visiting the Records Request Program.

Another way to stay in touch is for veterans, family members and people who work with veterans to sign up for the DMVA’s Veterans Registry by visiting register.dmva.pa.gov .

(Allegheny County)

Thanks!

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    "Cannabis use disorder." lol The reality is that this is simply a lack of self-control, but some far left a**hole came up with a "disorder" for it because f**k personal responsibility.
    You'd think it would be a far right asshole considering their fear of the Devils Lettuce and Reefer Madness.

Marajuana is like lego's and video games. When I see grown men in their 30's and 40's spending their nights and weekends playing video games and smoking pot in their rented apartments or town homes becoming the rule and not the exception, I don't have to wonder how we got where we are now.

1 Corinthians 13:11-12
    When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast