(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Medical Marijuana Card Holders

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Always with the pot threads.
    Pot heads with pot threads?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mosinshooter762 View Post
    Let me begin by warning that you will be scrutinized if you attempt to get both cards (medical marijuana and LTCF) and so if you actually plan to use marijuana then this may become a criminal matter. Now on to my pet peeve about this.

I do not use marijuana or have a state issued card to use such but someone should challenge this. This involves a constitutional right and various criminal statutes so the law should be strictly construed. Federal law does not make it illegal for those with state issued plastic cards from being involved in firearms. Rather, federal law prohibits those who are unlawful users or addicted to controlled substances from shipping or transporting in interstate or foreign commerce, or possessing in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or from receiving any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce. It is also illegal to lie to an FFL about ones eligibility to receive a firearm (such as on Form 4473 where one is asked whether one is an unlawful user or addicted to a controlled substance). Pennsylvania also uses the unlawful user or addicted to controlled substance criteria and federal firearms law statutory disability criteria as reasons for denial for LTCF issuance.

The government would not likely be able to prove in court that one is actually an unlawful user or addicted to a controlled substance based on possession of such a plastic card alone. While the burden of proof would be lower in a License To Carry denial appeal, the government would seem to have the same problem if all they had was evidence that one had such a plastic card.
    I'll go with the constructive possesion theory.

If you have all of the ingredients to make pipe bombs in your garage, you can be convicted of a crime, even if you haven't made any bombs.

Translating this over to the subject at hand...if that will stick, it's not unreasonable to make the case that having a pot card is prima facia evidence of being a pot user, or, at a minimum, your intent to be a pot user.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    lying on a 4473, which is also not good.
    Bbbuuutt... Hunter Biden did it with no repurcussions.
    DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I'll go with the constructive possesion theory.

If you have all of the ingredients to make pipe bombs in your garage, you can be convicted of a crime, even if you haven't made any bombs.

Translating this over to the subject at hand...if that will stick, it's not unreasonable to make the case that having a pot card is prima facia evidence of being a pot user, or, at a minimum, your intent to be a pot user.
    I guess a HVAC guy that like's to shoot black powder cannons is shit out of luck then. Same with bricklayers.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I guess a HVAC guy that like's to shoot black powder cannons is shit out of luck then. Same with bricklayers.
    Do those groups of people commonly keep everything needed to make pipe bombs in their garages?

Do those groups of people commonly keep everything needed to make pipe bombs in their garages?
    Sure, why not? Better than under the bed.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Pipes being the lcd

(Chester County)

It's much easier to just not be a pothead.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    It's much easier to just not be a pothead.
    The real rub with all of this (outside of personal freedom/choice/responsibility) is that there are other beneficial products beyond smoking that are helpful and non psychotropic that contain delta-9 thc and the “illegal” cannabinoids. Such products arent legal to obtain without said MMJ card. I.E., topicals, tinctures, etc.

Its a ridiculous rule and ignorant law. Especially when cocaine, heroin (opiods) are classified in a lower category as cannabis on the federal level.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwanderer View Post
    The real rub with all of this (outside of personal freedom/choice/responsibility) is that there are other beneficial products beyond smoking that are helpful and non psychotropic that contain delta-9 thc and the *illegal* cannabinoids. Such products arent legal to obtain without said MMJ card. I.E., topicals, tinctures, etc.

Its a ridiculous rule and ignorant law. Especially when cocaine, heroin (opiods) are classified in a lower category as cannabis on the federal level.
    My mom was using the salve for her arthritis. She got it from her nephew, he had a pot farm in oregon. She said it's the only thing that worked.
    FJB

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast