Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Medical Marijuana Card Holders

At some point, recreational herb will be legal at the federal level...

...so, MJ card holders will be able to tear them up and purchase firearms.

(Chester County)

The feds have shown a willingness to change laws whenever they want regardless of what they may have previously said on the subject. I wouldn't count on the feds doing anything one way or the other. They are too unpredictable, and change depending on which way the political winds are blowing.

As it now stands, if you have the card and check no for habitual use on a 4473, I think you are potentially on shaky ground.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by chinaboy View Post
    https://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-info...formation.aspx

This actually looks like they will deny a LTCF permit if you have a card.

I just called the PA website for MJ card and they confirmed this. Sorry for the post above as I just answered my own question.
    Not only that, but if you use marijuana you become a prohibited person, if you have a card or not. And even owning or attempting to buy guns is a felony.

See similar threads below, especially the last: ATF Rules Medical Marijuana Card = Prohibited Person

21.g pretty much spells it out on the 4473

g. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

(Allegheny County)

Why not just stay away from the devil's lettuce, strictly speaking, i.e. the delta-9 molecule, and just go get and use the delta 8, delta 10, delta 6, THC-o, or HHC molecule in some form or another? They come in vapes, flower, edibles, and probably some other forms I haven't seen because I don't quite care that much aside from the legal curiosity. There are like three places less than ten minutes from me that I've seen delta 8, THC-o, and HHC. Only the one place that is closest to me that I stop at the most for the occasional snack, drink, or junk-grade cigars has the other ones I listed, at least from what I recall. What's the difference between all of them? I don't remember. I just looked them up on my phone when I saw them while waiting in line with my purchase. One friend tells me they are entirely satisfied replacing their former marihuana habit with delta 8 vape. One other friend said she tried a bunch of the various products and prefers "the real thing". I'm guessing the opinions are as varied as the products themselves.

Note: this is not legal advice; confirm for yourself that anything I listed above wouldn't technically constitute lying if you used the product and proceeded to check "No" on the relevant box on your Form 4473

(Chester County)

^^^had to do a double take on your screen name... at first I thought it was Cheech & Chong.

(Franklin County)

Strictly speaking, just because you have a medical marijuana card does not necessarily prove you USE marijuana, it just means you may use it.
    By the way, what is the federal or state law that makes "USE" of marijuana illegal? That's a serious question. There are laws prohibiting the possession of MJ, there are laws prohibiting it's use under certain circumstances, but I am not aware of a law prohibiting it's actual use.
    Example, if a CDL driver (I use this example because it's a federal standard) pops on a random drug test, he loses his CDL and is fired, but he's not arrested. Why is he not arrested? Because he hasn't broken a law.
    Someone show me a federal law making it illegal to simply use (ie, have it in your body) MJ?
    Is it illegal to " USE" marijuana to heat your house or "USE" as animal bedding?, Absolutely not, but it's the "possession" that is illegal.
    The Hostler

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Strictly speaking, just because you have a medical marijuana card does not necessarily prove you USE marijuana, it just means you may use it.
    By the way, what is the federal or state law that makes "USE" of marijuana illegal? That's a serious question. There are laws prohibiting the possession of MJ, there are laws prohibiting it's use under certain circumstances, but I am not aware of a law prohibiting it's actual use.
    Example, if a CDL driver (I use this example because it's a federal standard) pops on a random drug test, he loses his CDL and is fired, but he's not arrested. Why is he not arrested? Because he hasn't broken a law.
    Someone show me a federal law making it illegal to simply use (ie, have it in your body) MJ?
    Is it illegal to " USE" marijuana to heat your house or "USE" as animal bedding?, Absolutely not, but it's the "possession" that is illegal.
    Like many laws it was probably used to prosecute blacks

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Do not underestimate the government's ability to fuck your life up for shit related to guns.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Do not underestimate the government's ability to fuck your life up for shit related to guns.
    I don't doubt that.
    Really my post is just to show there is a difference between "possession" and "use".
    I can use marijuana to get my car unstuck from the mud, that's not illegal, except for the possession part.
    What if a doctor prescribed medical marijuana with instructions to "boil in water and apply to muscles once daily"? Would that be illegal possession or illegal use or neither or both?
    The Hostler

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast